Table of Content
XIC 2017 which is known as Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam 2017 which is every year conducted by Xavier Institute of Communications Mumbai, for admission in the PG Courses offered by the institute. The exam is an Online Test conducted for 150 marks which is combination of objective and subjective questions. It is a State Level Exam for mainly the admission in PG courses of the institute (Journalism & Mass Communication, Public Relations & Corporate Communication, Mass Communication Marathi and Film, Advertising & Marketing Communication, Television and Digital Video Production.) Application for the same would begin from the month of November 2015, students who are eligible can apply for the exam before due date. XIC Entrance Exam is also famous as XIC OET (Online Entrance Test)
|XIC 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Test|
|Common Name||XIC Entrance Exam|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Xavier Institute of Communications Mumbai|
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelors passed|
XIC 2017 Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
XIC Entrance Exam is conducted for admission of the students in various PG course but there are some age restrictions, qualification and other factors that are demanded by the college from an applicants. They are as follows
- An applicant should be 10+2+3 passed from any of the institute of India (government recognized)
- Applicant age should not exceed 30 years
- Applicant who is in the last semester of its graduation is eligible for appearing exam
XIC Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form
Application for the exam will begin from the month of November, all the eligible candidate can apply when XIC, Mumbai officially notifies the same.
Prior applying candidate should read all the instructions in the prospectus that he/she is suppose to fulfill and then he can proceed or else it would create discrepancy in admission process
- Candidate should visit the official website of XIC and apply for the online application form
- There applicant is suppose to follow the instruction in which would be displayed on screen like “input your qualifications”, “input your personal details” etc.
- Final stage of application form would be payment of application fees and printing of the same.
- Once this is done you will receive a conformation on your email.
XIC Entrance Exam 2017 Application Fees
An application fee for the exam is Rs 3,000/- which a applicant is suppose to pay through payment gateway option available on the website. (E-Challan/Credit card/ Debit card)
XIC 2017 Entrance Exam Pattern
XIC, Mumbai has given some fixed pattern for the examination and that is mentioned below in point form for convenience.
- Paper would be conducted online for 150 marks
- Paper is divided in two sections viz. Objective & Subjective (medium of instruction would be English)
- Each paper covers different topic and have different time allotted for the exam
|Paper Parts||Topics Covered||Marks||Duration (minutes)|
|Part 1. Objective||Language skills||100||60|
|Knowledge of Media|
|Logical and General Knowledge|
|Part 2. Subjective||Social Values|
|Total||150 Marks||90 Minutes|
XIC 2017 Entrance Exam Dates
Application for the exam (Begins): November 2016
Application form Submission (Last Date): March, 2017
Date of Exam: April, 2017
Declaration of Result: April, 2017
The above exam dates are tentative.
XIC Mumbai Contact Details
5, Mahapalika Marg,
St. Xavier’s College,
Mumbai: 400 001
Email add: admin(@)xaviercomm.org