All you Management students must be really used to all the various entrance examinations you have to go through! The XAT 2018 (Xavier Aptitude Test) is one of them and lets get you started with it! The XAT is an all-India test conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT helps students like you for admission to the post graduate programs in management courses of a number of management institutes all over India. The test helps you in securing admission in over 100 B-Schools all over India. The exams will be held in different states of India and in two states outside India for foreign students.
Now after the introductions lets get you geared up with a basic summary of the examination.
|XAT 2018 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Commonly known as||XAT|
|Exam level||National level|
|Conducting Authority||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Stream||MBA Entrance Exam|
Table of Content
XAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
Now as you know what the exam is all about lets first help you ensure if you can give the exams or not as per critera. Do go through it carefully to avoid misunderstandings!
- Those of you who are graduates from a standard university are allowed to give XAT.
- The XAT individuals should not score more than 50% total or equivalent CGPA to appear for the examination like many other MBA entrance exams.
- Those of you who are in final year can also appear for the examination, if they submit your final year marks within the fixed time frame by the B-schools, which is June, 2016.
XAT 2018 Application Form
After you have decided that you are eligible the next step is not to stress over it but get started with the applications..The stressing comes later! You will have to follow the enlisted steps in order to successfully apply.
Steps for registering XAT application form are as below:
Step 1 :- You will firstly have to go to www.xatonline.net.in
Step 2 :- And then click on “XAT Registration” and fill the preliminary information and submit it.
Step 3 :- After completion of these detail you will receive the XAT email ID
Step 4 :- Do note that you are required to create your own password
Step 5 :- After completion of form you will have to login to XAT 2018 and fill the educational, qualification details and select the favored city for the examination.
Step 6 :- You will now have to pay your fees. The modes of Payment for XAT 2018 are as follows:
- Online payment can be done through VISA/Master-Debit/ Credit Card.
- IDBI Net Banking(this option is available for IDBI account holders only)
- Cash payment(You are required to take the printout of the XAT Pay-In-Slip & visit the nearest IDBI bank &make the payment)
- You can pay through DD by making DD in favor of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur.
- If you are paying by Cash or by DD you will have to update the payment details in the registration page. Those who fail to do so, will not be allowed to upload their photo and signature.
Step 7 :- After payment, you are required to upload your scanned digital photograph and signature.
Print the XAT confirmation page for your reference in future for all correspondence with XAT office quote your XAT ID.
Step 8 :- If you make the payment through DD you will have to send the confirmation page along with DD to XAT office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East}, Jamshedpur – 831001 within fifteen days from the date of issuance of DD.
Step 9 :- You can download your admit card from the 3rd week of December till Last week of December from www.xatonline.net.in
XAT 2018 Application Fee:
Do note that the application fee for XAT entrance exam would be Rs 1000 for all applicants.
XAT Exam Pattern
Knowledge of the paper pattern helps you relax a bit so here goes! The format of XAT Exam Pattern would paper based aptitude test. This is to ensure that students from all back ground at par who are familiar or not familiar with computers can also be able to give the exam. The candidates who are from privileged background do not get any advantage from other who don’t have much access to computers. So the pattern is pretty straightforward and fair!
|Section||No of question||Duration|
|Decision making||25||140 min|
|Verbal and Logic Ability||30|
|Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation||36|
|Essay & General awareness||35 min|
- ¼ of negative marking for each wrong answer
- Number of Question – 5
So now to the main bit..When is the Exam?
XAT 2018 Exam Dates
|Notification related to XAT 2018 by XLRI Jamshedpur||Fourth week of July, 2017|
|XAT 2018 application process starts||Third week of August, 2017|
|XAT application end date||Fourth week of November, 2017|
|XAT 2018 admit card||Third week of December, 2017|
|XAT to be conducted on||First Sunday of January, 2018|
|XAT Official Answer Key||Third week of January, 2018|
|XAT 2018 OMR Sheet & Score Card||Third week of January, 2018|
|Announcement of XAT Result||Fourth week of January, 2018|