XAT 2017 Exam Pattern – Xavier Aptitude Test commonly known as XAT is an entrance exam that’s organized by XAVIER Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur, though however the conduction of the same is carried out via the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) in order to get admission in XLRI and various other top tier management institutes of India. The XAT scores are accepted by several prestigious MBA institutes such as Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship – Bangalore, Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar – Bhubaneswar, Xavier Institute of Social Service – Ranchi, XLRI Jamshedpur School of Management – Jamshedpur, Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies – Jabalpur, Xavier Institute of Management & Research – Mumbai, S P Jain Institute of Management Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai, Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai, etc.
XAT 2017 Paper Pattern and Syllabus
The XAT 2017 Exam Pattern is divided into two sections. Section A is of two hours and 20 mins duration which consists of Quantitative Ability, English Language Ability & Logical Reasoning and Decision Making. Part B of the exam will consist of Essay Writing and General Awareness. Duration of this section is 45 minutes. Questions in General Awareness is from Business, Economics and Politics related to Business Environment. You have to attempt both essay as well as General Awareness section. Total duration of XAT is of 170 minutes.
|Part A||140 minutes|
|English and LR|
|Part B||35 minutes|
The number of questions varies from year to year and the number of choices for each question is five. There will be a negative marking of (1/4) for any wrong answer.
Changes introduced for XAT 2017:
- The total number of questions in the main paper have been brought down to 78
- The time allotted has been increased by 20 minutes. The candidates would have 170 minutes to answer the questions
- The difficulty level of the questions has been brought down so that students can attempt as many questions as possible
- In XAT 2017, students have a choice of not attempting 13 questions. Beyond this, any unattempted question will carry the negative mark of 0.05
- The time allowed to answer both GK and Essay would be 35 minutes
- The number of questions in the GK section have been reduced to 25
XAT Previous year Pattern
|XAT 2009||XAT 2010||XAT 2011||XAT 2012|
|No. of questions (Part A)||104||101||101||85|
Important Links for XAT 2017