XAT 2016 changes in the paper pattern – The Xavier Aptitude Test commonly known as the XAT for the upcoming session is scheduled to be conducted on the 3rd of January 2016. It is a paper-based exam, which is conducted for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for admissions into academic programmes of XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) and XAT Associate Member Institutes. The score which is obtained in this test is used by more than 100 institutes for the purpose of admissions. The admit cards can be downloaded via the official website of XAT, a week prior to the examination.
XAT 2016 New Paper pattern
The XAT is a pen-paper based exam. The exam will be held for three hours, from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
The paper will consist of four sections namely:
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge.
Do note that the marks obtained in the GK section will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection. However XLRI and some other Associate Member Institutes may use it at the time of final selection.
Changes introduced in XAT 2016 Exam Pattern
- The total number of questions in the main paper have been brought down to 78
- The time allotted has been increased by 20 minutes. The candidates would have 170 minutes to answer the questions
- The difficulty level of the questions has been brought down so that students can attempt as many questions as possible
- In XAT-2016, students have a choice of not attempting 13 questions. Beyond this, any unattempted question will carry the negative mark of 0.05
- The time allowed to answer both GK and Essay would be 35 minutes
- The number of questions in the GK section have been reduced to 25