WBJEE 2018 Medical Eligibility Criteria – WBJEE is held for easier allotment of seats on merit basis; this exam is written and is totally based on MCQ’s. Contenders who score well easily get admission in Government College of their choice.
Before preparation for the exam, it is compulsory to know whether we fit in that WBJEE 2018 Medical Eligibility Criteria part.
Conducting authority of WBJEE has stated that applicant should be Indian citizen without which other eligibility stand cancelled, if this criterion is not fulfilled candidate is ineligible.
Minimum qualification expectation from an applicant is 12th passed or higher secondary education with English as a medium of instructions. Candidates’ age limit should not be less than 17 year before the due date of application, or else application form will be rejected only for the reason being less than 17.
Marks obtained by candidate should be 50% aggregate at higher secondary level; this is further reduced for reserved category students by 5% to 10%.
Candidate claiming their category will need to produce all the documents in favor of category which should be government recognized; at the time of admission.
WBJEE 2018 Medical Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should Indian by Birth or descent.
- A candidate who seeks admission to any medical or dental college of West Bengal should produce domicile of the state ie he/she is belonging from for West Bengal.
- Candidate should have completed 17 years of age which is the minimum age limit, no upper limit as such exists for WBJEE Medical.
- Candidate should have completed 12 years of formal education under 10+2 system.
- Candidate should have learned English at its +2 level and marks obtained should be 30% in the subject.
- Marks obtained in aggregate should be 50% (General Category); 40% (SC/ST) and 45% (OBC).
- Candidate should score a minimum of 45%marks of aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together; 40% for SC/ST candidates and passed individual in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
Note: Domicile criterion is such that applicant should be permanent resident of West Bengal or minimum 10 years
Also, Applicants parent with a permanent resident of West Bengal is eligible. The exam is for admission to 22 medical/dental colleges in West Bengal; only those who qualify the exam will get the chance to attempt for mains and then for counselling.
All the Best!!!