WBJEE 2017 Engineering widely known as West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam is a state level exam. If you desire to take admission in different undergraduate engineering programs such as BE/ B.Tech then you can fill the application form from the official website. The WBJEE entrance exam is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for the admission in different affiliated colleges in West Bengal. The exam pattern will help you to prepare plan well in advance for the examination. The Application form will be available from www.wbjeeb.nic.in from December, 2016. Those of you who satisfy the eligibility criteria are only eligible for the examination. The WBJEE 2017 entrance exam shall be held in the month of April, 2017. You can check the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form and dates of the exam below.
WBJEE 2017 Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The WBJEE 2017 Engineering Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- You need to be a citizen of India or the parents of the yours needs to be a permanent residents of West Bengal.
- You need to satisfy the condition mentioned below before applying for the examination:
- If you wish to appear for the examination you need to be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December of that year and there is no upper age limit.
- For marine engineering you need to be not less than 17 years and upper age should not be more than 25 years to be eligible.
- You need to have cleared HSC or (10+2) or its equivalent examination from a recognized University/ Board.
- Those of you who are appearing for B.E/ B.Tech should score minimum of 45%marks of aggregate marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects together (40% for SC/ST) and also must pass individual in every subject with at least 30% marks in English.
- You need to score a minimum of 60%marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects together and with at least 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th to be eligible.
WBJEE 2017 Engineering Application Form
The WBJEE 2017 Engineering Application Form details are mentioned below:
You need to follow the steps given below if you satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Go online on the official website: wbjeeb.nic.in to register.
- You have to register by entering their private, educational, contact details and other as mentioned in the form and generate and ID and password.
- You need to login in with the generated ID and password and upload your recently scanned passport size photograph in JPEG/ JPG format only (maximum size of 100 kb for photograph and 30 kb for signature) and submit it.
- After filling up the form you would need to pay a application fee online or through offline mode.
- You should print their application form for future reference.
WBJEE 2017 Engineering Application Fees
Application fees Rs 500/- can be paid in both online as well as offline mode (online through Debit/ Credit card and offline through Allahabad Bank challan)
WBJEE 2017 Engineering Exam Pattern
The WBJEE 2017 Engineering Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The exam consists of 280 multiple choice objective type questions of 350 marks.
- For each correct answer you would get 1 or 2 marks depending on the type of question and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The structure of the exam is as follows:
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
- The distribution of marks as per the subject is given below:
|Subject||Category- I(Number of questions and respective marks)||Category- II(Number of questions and respective marks)||Category- III(Number of questions and respective marks))||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics||60 x 1 mark each||10 x 2 mark each||10 x 2 mark each||80||100|
|Physics||30 x 1mark each||5 x 2 mark each||5 x 2 mark each||40||50|
|Chemistry||30 x 1mark each||5 x 2 mark each||5 x 2 mark each||40||50|
|Biology||90 x 1 mark each||15 x 2 mark each||15 x 2 mark each||120||150|
One mark will be given on every true answer and 25% of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
2 marks will be given on every accurate answer and 25% of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- If more than one option is correct then you would have to answer every answer to get full 2 marks.
- Suppose a question has two answers and you mark one right and one wrong answer, then no marks.
- For partly correct answer without any incorrect answer the Formula will be used for marking in this category is: 2 x (no. of correct response / total no. of correct options).
|WBJEE Engineering Exam Events||WBJEE Engineering Important Dates|
|Availability of information along with proforma for domicile and income certificate||Last week of December 2016|
|Start of online form fill-up||First week of January 2017|
|Last date of form fill-up and registration||Last week of February 2017 (11.59 PM)|
|Last Date of document Uploading||First week of March 2017|
|Last date of fee payment||First week of March 2017|
|Last date of printing of confirmation page||Last week of March 2017|
|Window for correction (based on board’s feedback and self-induced errors) along with uploading of correct certificates by candidates||First week of March 2017|
|Publication of downloadable admit card||First week of April 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 Examinations||3rd week of May 2017|
|Biological Sciences||(9 AM to 11.30 AM)|
|Physics and chemistry||(12.45 PM to 2.45 PM)|
|Mathematics||(3.30 PM to 5.30 PM)|
|Declaration of results||First week of June 2017|
Note: Do note that the dates are tentative and we will provide you with the official dates once they are announced.
Other UG State Level Engineering Entrance Exams
|Assam CEE 2017||GCET 2017|
|Bihar CET 2017||GUJCET 2017|
|CG PET 2017||Haryana Admission 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017||JCECE 2017|
|EAMCET 2017||KCET 2017|