VITEEE 2017 counselling will be conducted for the candidates who have appeared in the online engineering entrance exam. There will be 2 phases of counselling. The counselling dates of VITEEE 2017 for Phase II have been announced by VIT University. While counselling for VITEEE 2017 phase I will be conducted from May 10 to 12 as per candidate’s ranks, counselling for Phase II will be conducted between May 15 and May 22.
VITEEE counselling will be done on different dates based on candidates’ ranks, i.e. candidates within a certain range of ranks are called for appearing in VITEEE counselling 2017 on different dates. As per the university, the applicants have to submit their counselling center choices two days before their scheduled for appearing in VITEEE 2017 counselling. They also have to download their VITEEE counselling card 2017.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is the all India level entrance examination organized by the VIT University from 5th April to 16th April 2017. Through this examination, admission to 5,000 B.Tech seats in the Vellore and Chennai campus of VIT University is provided. The examination was conducted in 118 cities of India. The result has been declared on 23rd April 2017. VITEEE 2017 counselling dates for phase-1 and phase-II has been released. The candidates can check the complete details about VITEEE.
Important Dates related to VITEEE 2017 Counselling (Phase I)
|1||From Rank 1 to 8,000||May 10, 2017|
|2||From Rank 8,001 to 14,000||May 11, 2017|
|3||From Rank 14,001 to 20,000||May 12, 2017|
Important Dates related to VITEEE 2017 Counselling (Phase 2)
|1||20001-25000||May 15, 2017|
|2||25001-40000||May 16, 2017|
|3||40001-55000||May 17, 2018|
|4||55001-70000||May 18, 2019|
|5||70001-85000||May 19, 2020|
|6||85001-99999||May 22, 2021|
Rank-wise VITEEE 2017 Counselling Eligibility
- Candidates ranking between 1 and 99999 in VITEEE-2017 are eligible to take part in counselling for admission in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP
- Candidates ranking in 100000 and ABOVE in VITEEE-2017 will not be eligible for admission in Vellore / Chennai / VIT-AP
- VIT- Bhopal: Candidates who are ranked 150000 or higher are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP). The date of counselling candidates who are ranked between 100000 and 150000 (only for Bhopal, MP) will be announced shortly.
Documents Required for VITEEE 2017 Counselling/Admission
Candidates are required to bring the following documents in original with one set of photocopies. Documents required at the time of counselling are listed here. All the documents will be verified.
- VITEEE Admit Card 2017
- VITEEE Result 2017
- VITEEE Counselling Admit Card
- Copy of Aadhar Card with self-attested
- 10thClass certificates or any age proof certificate
- 12thor equivalent exam mark sheet/hall ticket
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
- Category certificate (for SC & ST candidates)
- Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Procedure
- Candidates, who have successfully completed VITEEE exam, will be eligible to appear for counselling.
- Admission process will be organized in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal (MP) / Amaravathi (AP) campuses for all the B.Tech programs offered at the four campuses of VIT University. Through single window counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates are needed to report for the counselling at the campuses as per their preferences.
- The seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their merit and availability of seats.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to pay Rs. 50,000/- via demand draft in favor of “VIT University” on their seats being confirmed.
- In case the candidate fails to appear for the admission process on the prescribed date, their seats will be offered to the next candidate in the merit list.
Important Note related to VITEEE Counselling
If the fee is not paid before the deadline, then the provisional admission will automatically stand canceled.
- In case a candidate is not able to personally participate in the counselling of VITEEE , then his/her seat will be offered to the candidate next to him/her in merit order.
- In special cases (inevitable/unforeseen/unavoidable reasons) if some examinee is not able to participate in VITEEE counselling 2017 personally on the specified date and time, then he/she can appear for counselling on a subsequent date and time. For this, he/she has to inform the VITEEE office in this regard. Secondly, the candidate has to accept whichever branch is available at that time.
- In case a qualified candidate’s mark sheet is not received before the scheduled day of counselling, he/she has to produce an undertaking mentioning that if the candidate fails to qualify as per the rules, then he/she will give up their seat.
- Candidates need to bring counselling e-admit card and a copy of Aadhar Card to participate in VITEEE counselling 2017. Candidate will be allowed to attend the counselling of VITEEE with the list of documents, self-attested copies as prescribed. The list of documents is mentioned below.
- Candidates are required to upload the relevant documents on the student profile. Details of the various branches offered under the B.Tech program in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling center to enable the candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch.
- After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats (branch wise) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published online.
- The date and time pertaining to VITEEE counselling can’t be changed under any circumstances.