The official notification regarding VIT University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission 2017 is released. In this article you would get complete details about VIT University M.Phil and Ph.D. Admission 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, exam dates, how to apply and many other important notifications.
VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) offers admission in research fields under Engineering, Science, Technology and Management & Humanities departments. You can pursue M.Phil, M.S (By Research) & PhD degree in VIT University schools by fulfilling the desired norms & regulations. Academic performance and marks secured in the written test would be the only criteria in order to obtain admission.
Each year notifications regarding admission in research programs are published in the leading newspapers by the university. In respect to the number of applications received, students would be shortlisted & would be called for the written test which is followed by interviews.
- VIT Business School (VIT BS)
- School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
- Centre for Bioseparation Technology
- School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- School of Social sciences & Languages (SSL)
- School of Mechanical & Building Sciences (SMBS)
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation & Management (CDMM)
- School of Computing Sciences & Engineering (SCSE)
You can opt for below-mentioned categories in the PhD program:
- Internal Full Time: For those of you who desire to work on sponsored projects carried out in the institute.
- Internal Part Time: It is applicable to staff members of the institute.
- External Full Time: Those who are working in academic institutions or sponsored by Research & Development (R & D) departments, National laboratories & industries having R & D facilities.
VIT University M.Phil. and PhD Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Start date of Application||13th Mar 2017|
|Last Date of Application||20th May 2016|
VIT University M.Phil. and PhD Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
M.Phil/PhD in Science
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Engineering/ M.S (By Research)
Duration: M.S (Full time/Part time) (2 years/3 years)
Ph. D (Full time/Part time) (2 ½ years/3 years)
|Nanomaterial Technology||Renewable energy||Fuel cells|
|Earth sciences||Environmental fluid mechanic||Surface Engineering|
|Special Alloys & Steel Technology||Tribology (Wear Research)||Shock & Vibration|
|Computational fluid Dynamics||Structural Engineering||Robotics|
|Water management resource||Remote Sensing & GIS||Environmental Engineering|
|Micro Machining||Industrial Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering|
|FEM||Fracture Mechanics||Manufacturing Engineering Cryogenics|
|Enhanced Heat Transfer||Efficient engine coolants||Composite materials|
|Computer Graphics||Thermal Engineering||Mechanical design Analysis|
|Image Processing||Cryptography & Network security||Computational Intelligence|
|Software Engineering||Data Mining||Wired / Wireless Computer Networks|
|Theoretical Computer Science||Computer Architecture||Parallel and Distributed Computing|
|Control Optimization Computational Electromagnetics||Power Systems||Protection Switchgear & Control|
|Nanoelectronics||Optimization Techniques for Power Electronics & Drives||Sensors RF & Microwaves|
|Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMs)||Communication & Networking.||Cancer Biology|
|Natural Product Research||Monoclonal Antibody Development||Lipid Science|
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Programme:
- A masters degree in Technology, Engineering, Business Administration with a minimum of 60% (CGPA 6.5/10 point scale) marks in total.
- You need to have cleared M.Sc. in Relevant engineering stream.
- Those of you with M.S by research degree would also be eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for MS by Research Programme:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Technology/Engineering
- Master’s degree in science/ Computer Applications (with Physics & Mathematics at the graduate level) with a minimum of 60% marks.
- You need to have attained degree through associate membership of below-mentioned bodies with a pass in both parts A & B.
- Indian institute of Metals
- Aeronautical Society of India
- The Institutions of Engineers (India)
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Institution of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Ph. D. Management:
Available in: Full time & part time both
Eligibility: You need to have cleared MBA degree with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Women Issues
- Marketing & Finance
- Technology Management
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.)/ M. Phil. in Science/Humanities/Languages
Duration: M.Phil. (Full time/Part time) (1 year/2 years)
Ph. D (Full time/Part time) (2 ½ years/3 years)
- A Master’s degree in Science with at least 60% marks.
- A Master’s degree in Humanities/ Social Sciences/Languages with a minimum of 55% mark.
How to apply for VIT University M.Phil. and PhD Admission 2017?
- The application form can be obtained from the Admission Officer by sending a Demand Draft of Rs 600 which is drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
- All entries which are made in the Application form need to be in your own handwriting.
- Your name needs to be in the same way as it is mentioned in the degree certificates. If there are any changes made it needs to be supported by Gazette officer.
- Your latest passport size photograph needs to be affixed in the space which is provided in the application form.
Documents required to be enclosed along with the application form:
- SSC & HSC certificates & Marks sheet
- Degree certificates
- Employment certificate from present employer ( This document is very important for all categories of students under External Part Time category)
- Migration certificate from the school last attended
- Complete application form super scribed with ‘Application to Ph. D./ M. S by research/ M. Phil.’ needs to be sent to:
VIT University, Vellore-632 014
Tamil Nadu, India
VIT University M.Phil. and PhD Admission 2017 Admission Procedure
Those who satisfy the eligibility requirements would receive a call from authorities regarding the written test or interview. The selection would be strictly based on academic performance &your performance in the interview/written test. The weightage which is given to different test aspects are mentioned below:
|Performance in Bachelor’s degree:||20%|
|Performance in Master’s degree:||20%|
|Performance in Written/Interview:||60%|