Table of Content
In this article you would get complete details about VELS University B.Pharm and M.Pharm. Admissions 2017 such as its important dates, application form and selection process.
VELS University, Chennai compromises of diverse schools which provided post graduate, under graduate and research courses in different streams such as management studies, engineering, physiotherapy, mass communication, hotel and catering management, life sciences, basic sciences, etc.
The following programs are offered by the university in pharmaceutical sciences:
- Bachelors of pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
VELS University B.Pharm. and M.Pharm. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Last date of receiving duly filled-in application form||30th Apr, 2017|
|Date for VEE exam||10th May, 2017|
VELS University B.Pharm. and M.Pharm. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm]:
Eligibility: You need to have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Maths / Zoology &Botany according to PCI norms.
For Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutics):
The following disciplines are offered:
|M.Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics)||M.Pharmacy (Pharmacology)||M.Pharmacy (Pharmacognosy)|
|M.Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Chemistry)||M.Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Analysis)||M.Pharmacy (Pharmacy Practice)|
|M.Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Biotechnology)|
Eligibility: You need to possess a B.Pharm degree from a recognized university and PCI. Those of you who are currently appearing in the final semester examination of the qualifying degree in the year of admission would also be eligible to apply.
Eligibility: You need to have studied Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Maths / Zoology & Botany in accordance with the norms of PCI. Those of you who are currently in the final semesterof the qualifying degree in the year of admissions would also be eligible to apply.
For Pharm.D. (Post Baccalaureate):
Eligibility: You need to possess a degree in B.Pharm from a recognized university and PCI. Those of you who are appearing for their final semester examination of the qualifying degree in the concerned year of admission would also be eligible to apply.
Application Process of VELS University B.Pharm. and M.Pharm. Admissions 2017
In order to apply for the VELS University B.Pharm and M.Pharm programs, candidates can select any of the following methods:
- You can apply online from the official website and the processing fee would have to be submitted using Debit/Credit card/ Net Banking payment methods.
- You can download application form and prospectus from the official website of the university and send the completely filled up applications along with the processing fee of Rs 800/- by DD(Demand Draft) to the following address:
Velan Nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road
Pallavaram, Chennai 600 117, Tamil Nadu
- You can attain the application form by sending a self addresses, stamped envelope along with a Demand Draft of Rs 550/- to the address mentioned above. The Demand Draft needs to be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai.
- You can also obtain the application form in person from the office of Vels University, Chennai on paying a processing fee of Rs500/- in cash.
- In case you attain the application form in person or through post, the candidates would have to enclose a Demand Draft of Rs 300/- along with the filled up application forms.
During the time of admission, candidates need to bring the original and photocopies of the following documents:
- 3 Passport Size photographs of the candidate
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- Two self-addressed stamped (Rs.10/-) envelope
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institute last studied.
- Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Entrance examination mark sheet.
- Community Certificate.
For Foreign applicants:
Those of you who are foreign candidates need to bring the following documents:
- Eligibility Certificate from the respective University
- Appropriate Student Visa
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi.