The Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission Technical University, [UTU] Dehradun was established on 27th January 2005 by Govt. of Uttarakhand through the Uttarakhand Technical University Act 2005.
The ‘Reservation’ will be applicable as per Govt. of Uttrakhand’s latest notification
You can apply for admission to the M.Tech programs in Uttarakhand on the basis of your GATE scores. Those of you who do not have a GATE score can appear for an entrance exam. These admissions will be against the vacant seats after the counselling for GATE qualified students.
|Uttarakhand M.Tech 2016 Admission Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
The Eligibility criteria helps you find is you can apply or not.
- Aspirants must have a valid GATE score
- Aspirants must have passed B.E/B.Tech in their particular subject matters with at least a 60% score in aggregate (for SC/ST/PwD Aspirants this score is fixed at 55%)
- Aspirants in the final year can also apply provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria before the specified dates
- They ought to have passed the university entrance examination
- Aspirants having 60% marks and a valid qualified GATE/ GPAT score for (General/ OBC sections ) or 55% of marks and valid qualified GATE/ GPAT score (SC/ST Aspirants) will be given preference during admission
- Aspirants having valid and qualified GATE score are not required to appear for the university entrance exam
Uttarakhand M.Tech 2016 Application Form
In order to successfully apply you have to follow the given steps.
- You must access and download the Application Form from the official university exam site.
- The Application forms are separate for GATE qualified students and students who wish to appear for the University Entrance Exam.
- You must send the filled in application form along with the DD for the Application fees and a set of attested copies of the specified documents. These have to be sent to the address here:
Uttarakhand Technical University
Govt Girls Polytechnic Campus
P.O .Chandanwari Sudhowala
Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission Application Fees: For General Category students Rs 1500
It is Rs 800 for the special category, i.e. SC/ST Aspirants.
The application fees have to be paid only with a DD to the attention of the Finance Controller, Uttarakhand Technical University, and Payable at Dehradun.
The Uttarakhand Technical University entrance exam application form accessible on UTU website www.uktech.ac.in
- Incomplete application is rejected
2. No money allowance is given to the Aspirants called for the entrance examination/counselling
3. The decision of University for the selection of Aspirants is final
4. Self-attested photocopies of certificate in support of education, GATE score and category & sub-category certificates etc. aremandatory and need to besent along with the application
You are required to bring the following official papers, in original along with one set of photocopies with them when called for counselling
High School Certificate; Mark sheets of qualifying examination; GATE/ GPAT score card If applicable; Category and subcategory certificates, if applicable; Passport size photos (2 nos.); Domicile Certificate; Medical Certificate/Undertaking
Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission 2016 Exam Pattern
The question paper for M.Tech candidate will consist of two section section-I will have thirty objective type questions from general Engineering Science and section-II will be having seventy questions from the subject in which aspirants wants to take admission according to his/ her eligibility
- The question paper has 100 objective styled questions and aspirants choose from the best option from the 4 given suggestions,
This is a 500 mark paper to be solved in 2 hours and will be in English only
Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission 2016 Selection Process
- Shortlisted Aspirants having valid GATE scores are given preference of seats.
- The admission will be based on the merit of entrance examination conducted by UTU, for seats still available after completing the counselling sessions of valid GATE score holders
- All Aspirants have to pay a counselling fee of Rs 1000 via a DD in favour of “Finance Controller”, Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun payable at Dehradun
- Aspirants also have to deposit a DD for Rs 10,000 in form of a DD in favor of “Finance Controller” Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun which will be adjusted with the fees payable during admission or refunded.
- Aspirants have to show and provide the original documents along with the above mentioned DDs and a set of attested copies of all required documents.
- Counselling sessions are to be attended to personally, no representation is permitted.
Student aspirants are informed to check for details regularly on the website www.uktech.ac.in
Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission 2016 Important Dates
|Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission Events||Important Dates|
|Uttarakhand M.Tech Admission 2016 Application Form Availability||April, 2016[wp_ad_camp_3]|
|Last Date of receipt of Application Printout||May, 2016|
|Entrance Exam for Non GATE candidates||June, 2016|
|List of Shortlisted Candidates||June, 2016|
|Second Counselling for vacant Seats||July, 2016|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.