UPSEE 2018 – Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination is a state level entrance exam conducted by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), UP.
Candidates can get admission in technical institutions of the state for entry in B.Tech/B.Arch.B.Pharm./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/MCA/MAM First-year students and second year of B.Pharma., B. Tech. and MCA programs.
UPSEE 2018 Application Form will be tentatively available from 3rd week of January 2018. Complete information about the Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc is provided below.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Date
The following are the Important Dates of UPSEE 2018:
|Events||Dates (Officially Announced)|
|Commencement of application form||3rd week of January 2018|
|Last date for application form||4th week of March 2018|
|Last date for submitting application fees||4th week of March 2018|
|Date for Corrections in Application form||4th week of March 2018|
|Admit Card||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of Examination||29th April (for UG ) and 5th & 6th May (for PG)|
|Result Declaration||4th week of May 2018|
|Counselling||4th week of June 2018|
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should check the UPSEE Eligibility Criteria 2018 which is provided below:
Eligibility for 1st Year UPSEE Courses:
|Courses||Qualifying Examination||Any one of the following subjects||Minimum Marks|
|B.Tech||12th examination qualified or its equivalent with Physics & Mathematics||Technical Vocational subject/Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/Biology||45% marks in aggregate of 3 subjects and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates.|
|B.Tech (Bio-Tech)||12th examination with Physics & Mathematics/Biology||Technical Vocational subject/Chemistry/Bio-Technology|
|B.Pharm||12th examination with Physics & Chemistry||Technical Vocational Subject/Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/Biology|
|B.Arch||12th examination with Mathematics & Physics||Technical Vocational subject/Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology/Engineering Drawing||Passed Intermediate examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.|
|B.Tech (Agri.)||12th examination in Agriculture Discipline||Agri. Stream||Minimum 45% marks in 12th examination and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates in the aggregate of 3 subjects.|
|BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MAM||12th examination in any stream||Any stream||Passed or appearing 10+2 exam by securing 45% marks and 40% marks for SC/ST category.|
|MBA/MCA||Candidate should obtain a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration from any recognised institution.||For MCA, candidates must have studied Mathematics at graduation or 12th level.||The qualifying examination should be passed with minimum 50% marks and 45% for SC/ST category.|
Eligibility For 2nd Year UPSEE Courses:
|Course||Qualifying Examination||Minimum Marks|
|B.Tech (LE)||Passed 3-years B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 or diploma in Engineering||Minimum 45% marks and 40 marks for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying examination.|
|B.Pharm (LE)||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|MCA (LE)||BCA, B.Sc degree from a recognised institution.||Candidates must have 50% mark in the qualifying examination and 45% marks for SC/ST.|
UPSEE 2018 Application Form
- The UPSEE Application form 2018 will be provided tentatively from the 3rd week of January 2018 on the official website through online mode only.
- Aspirants will have to fill the application form by providing all the details asked in the application form with Aadhar card details.
- Candidates after submitting the application form should take a printout of the application form for further reference.
- The UPSEE registration fee for Male/Transgender candidates of General/OBC category is Rs. 1200/- and fees for Female/PH/SC/ST candidates is Rs. 600/-
- Application fee can be paid in online mode using Debit Card/Internet Banking/Credit Card.
UPSEE 2018 Correction window will be available from the last week of March 2018
UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
The detailed information about UPSEE Exam Pattern 2018 is given below:
Objective (except Drawing, Aptitude test)
|Number of Questions||From 50-150 (varies as per subjects)|
|Exam Mode||OMR and CBT|
|Type of Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
The table below shows details about subjects and marks allotment:
|Paper||Subjects||Number of QuestioNegative||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||50 questions each from PCB comprising of total 150 questions.||600|
|Paper-2||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||50 questions each from PCM comprising of total 150 questions.||600|
|Paper-3||AG-I, AG-II, AG-III||50 questions each, with a total of 150 questions||600|
|Paper-4||Aptitude Test for ArchitecturePart-A: Aesthetic Sensitivity&Mathematics
Part-B: Drawing Aptitude
|50 questions each of Aesthetic Sensitivity & Mathematics with a total of 100 questions and 2 questions from Drawing Aptitude.||500|
|Paper-5||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-6||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-7||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (LE)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-8||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (LE)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-9||Aptitude Test for MCA||100 questions||400|
|Paper-10||Aptitude Test for MBA||100 questions||400|
|Paper-11||Aptitude Test for 2nd year MCA (LE)||100 questions||400|
UPSEE 2018 Syllabus
The UPSEE Syllabus 2018 is provided below in detail:
Section A: Physics– Measurement, Motion in one dimension, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Work, Power and Energy, Laws of Motion, Linear Momentum & collisions, Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis, Heat and thermodynamics, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetism in Matter, Modern Physics, Oscillatory motion, Wave, Wave Optics, Electromagnetic induction, Ray Optics & optical instruments and Magnetic Effect of Current.
Section B: Chemistry – Atomic Structure, Catalysis, Colloids, Chemical Bonding, Isomerism, Redox Reactions, Acid-Base Concepts, Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Thermochemistry, Periodic Table, Polymers, Colligative Properties of Solution, Petroleum Carbohydrates, Preparation and Properties, General Organic Chemistry, IUPAC, Solid State.
Section C: Mathematics – Trigonometry, Algebra, Probability, Vectors, Dynamics, Statics, Calculus, Co-ordinate Geometry.
UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
- The UPSEE Admit Card 2018 will be available on the official website tentatively around 1st week of April 2018.
- Candidates are required to download the admit card from the website and take a printout of the same.
- At the time of examination, candidates are required to bring along the Admit Card.
- If candidates forget to bring their Admit Card they won’t be allowed to appear in the examination.
How to Prepare for UPSEE 2018
- Firstly, candidates should gather all the relevant study materials for UPSEE 2018 as per the syllabus for starting the preparation.
- Scheduling of a proper timetable is very important for managing time for various subjects.
- Practice previous year question papers and give Mock tests, it will help you to know your preparation for the examination.
- Lastly, be relaxed and stress-free and take care of your health.
UPSEE 2018 Result
- The UPSEE Result 2018 will be declared tentatively in the last week of May 2018.
- The results will be declared online on the official website of UPSEE along with the Answer Key.
- Candidates can download the Result from the official website by providing his roll number on the site.
- Candidates should take a printout of the Result for further use.
UPSEE Cut Off 2018 is the factor which will decide whether a candidate is qualified for the examination or not. The merit list has a cut off percentage of 25% and 20% for candidates belonging from SC/ST category. Candidates who have successfully cleared the UPSEE Examination will be called for Counselling.
UPSEE 2018 Counselling
The UPSEE Counselling 2018 will start tentatively from the 4th week of June 2018 after the Result is declared by the authorities on the official website. Candidates have to appear for the counselling session to get a seat in various institutes. On basis of their marks and availability of seats, candidates will be allotted seat in institutes. The Dates for Counselling will be revealed through newspapers and website.
For any queries or doubts regarding UPSEE 2018 drop down a comment below.
List of Other MBA Exams 2018