UPSC IAS 2017 is expected to be held in August 2017 in order to provide recruitment in the civil services. The exam is conducted every year by UPSC i.e. the exam conducting authority. This is among the most prestigious and toughest examinations of India. The exam consists of two parts namely prelims and mains. The notification for this examination will be released on April 2017. The candidates can get the entire details and the latest updates regarding the UPSC IAS 2017 Exam here.
UPSC IAS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility clauses are decided by the exam official authority i.e. UPSC for the candidates. The aspirants are required to go through these terms and conditions and confirm their eligibility for the UPSC IAS Exam.
- The aspirant must be the citizen of India.
- The age limit of the candidate must be in between 21 to 32 years.
- Graduation is compulsory in order to apply.
UPSC IAS 2017 Application Form
If the aspirant’s eligibility is confirmed then he can take a step towards the application form for the UPSC IAS 2017 Exam. This application form must be submitted on or before 20 May 2017 otherwise, it will be not accepted by the official authority.
- The candidates can apply only in the online mode.
- The amount of fee is Rs 100 (for male candidates).
- No fee for females (including general category) and other reserved categories.
- The fee payment can be done either through online banking or via SBI challan.
- Only single application is required to submit.
UPSC IAS 2017 Exam pattern
The UPSC IAS Exam 2017 is designed in order to determine the candidate’s ability to solve the tricky questions in the examination. For the sake of convenience, the paper pattern is given here. The applicants are advised to go through the exam pattern properly.
- The exam paper will be objective type.
- There are two papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Two hours duration will be granted for each paper.
- The exam will be bilingual.
- The exam paper will be descriptive.
- There are seven papers.
- Each paper consists of 250 marks.
IAS 2017 Admit Card
The Admit Card for UPSC IAS 2017 is expected to be released in the last week of July 2017. The admit card is the official document which is mandatory to bring in the examination hall. The candidate is not allowed to enter the examination hall in the absence of this document. The aspirant can easily download the same by inserting the login details i.e. the application number as username and date of birth as the password.
UPSC IAS 2017 Exam Dates
|Issue of advertisement & application form||22 FEB 2017|
|Date of closure of the application form||17 March 2017|
|Date of the IAS Preliminary Exam||18 June 2017 (Sunday, 1 Day)|
|Declaration of the Prelims Result||September/October 2016|
|Date of the IAS Main Exam||28 October 2017 (5 Days)|
|UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam||28 October 2017 (5 Days)|
UPSC IAS Results
The result for this Exam of UPSC IAS 2016 will be announced soon by the authorities. First, the result of prelims examinations will be declared which comprises the qualified candidates. These candidates will then join the main examination. After then, the result of the main examination will be disclosed so that the qualified candidates will then join the final selection round.
UPSC IAS 2017 Selection Procedure
The Selection Procedure of UPSC IAS comprises of three stages. Description of the same is provided here.
- Prelims Examination
- Main exam
- Personal Interview round