UPSC CDS 2 2017 Exam which is widely known as the Combined Defence Services exam is managed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and is set to be conducted on 17th November 2017. The exam is conducted on a national level and is meant for the selection of worthy candidates for different posts of IMA, INA etc.Total 5 academies will be taking part to recruit candidates based on this exam. This exam is conducted in 2 slots in a year and this is the 2nd slot. The exam will be held on 23 October 2017. Read additional details about the CDS II 2017 Exam and its eligibility criteria, application forms, exam pattern, admit card, result etc. given below.
CDS II 2017 Exam Summary
|Exam Name||CDS 2 2017 Exam|
|Full Form||Combined Defense Services Exam – II 2017|
|Organising Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Number of Posts||464|
- IMA (Indian Military Academy): 200 posts
- INA (Indian Naval Academy): 46 posts
- AFA (Air Force Academy): 35 posts
- OTA (Officers Training Academy, SSC course-men): 178 posts
- OTA (Officers Training Academy, SSC course-women): 5 posts
UPSC CDS 2 2017 Eligibility Criteria
By the eligibility criteria for an exam, we mean to refer to the rules and conditions of the exam which are essentially required to be satisfied by the aspirants of the exam. These conditions are set by the organising authority of the exam and must be satisfied by all the candidates who want to be eligible for the exam. All the non-eligible candidates will not be allowed to take the exam. The eligibility conditions for the CDS II 2017 Exam has been given below.
- The candidate’s nationality must be Indian/a subject of Bhutan/a subject of Nepal/Tibetan refugee.
- The educational qualifications to be eligible for the exam are different for the different posts. These are given as follows.
OTA/IMA: The candidate must have passed graduation degree exam from a recognised university.
INA: The candidate must have passed a graduation degree exam in a specific discipline of engineering from a recognised university.
AFA: The candidate must have passed a graduation degree in Physics and Mathematics in class 12.
- All the candidates who will be appearing in the final year exams of the graduation degree cam also apply for this exam.
- The age limit has also been set different for the different posts. These are given as follows.
IMA: Only the male and unmarried candidates born after 2 January 1993 and before 1 January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
INA: Only the male and unmarried candidates born after 2 January 1993 and before 1 January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
AFA: Only the candidates aged between 20-24 years as on 1 January 2017 are eligible for this exam.
OTA (Men): Only the male candidates born after 2nd January 1992 and before 1st January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
OTA (Women): Only the female candidates who are unmarried/widows/divorced born after 2nd January 1992 and before 1st January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
UPSC CDS 2 2017 Application Form
In order to participate in the recruitment process, all the eligible candidates need to submit the application form. The applications must be filled online on the official website of the UPSC. The application forms for the CDS II 2017 Exam will start from the 16 August 2017. The link to fill the online application will be posted here and the procedure to apply for the exam is also given below.
- Candidates must follow the link given above to apply online.
- On the registration page, candidates must provide the details as asked on the page. They will be allotted a registration ID and a password.
- On the official site, candidates must log in using the registration ID and password which was obtained in the previous step.
- Now, the candidates must pay the application fee via the online mode using the debit/credit card or an e-challan via SBI Bank. The application fee is also given below.
For general category: Rs.200/-
For reserved/women candidates: Nil
- This must be followed by uploading of scanned copies of the photograph and signature of the candidates.
- Now the candidates can finally submit the application form.
UPSC CDS 2 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the CDS II 2017 Exam refers to the internal details of the question paper of the exam. The details regarding the question paper assets and the exam pattern have been depicted below.
The pattern for INA/IMA/AFA:
- There are total 3 papers put up for the posts of these academies.
- The first paper is English which is of 100 marks
- The second paper is general knowledge which is of 100 marks.
- The third paper is elementary mathematics which is of 100 marks.
- The total time allotted for these papers is 2 hours.
- The total marks for this paper are 300 marks.
The pattern for OTA:
- There are total 2 papers put up for the posts of these academies.
- The subjects are English and general knowledge.
- The total time duration is 2 hours.
- The total marks for this paper are 200 marks.
UPSC CDS 2 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for the CDS I 2017 Exam will be uploaded on the official site. It will be available for download a few days before the exam. The admit card is a very important document and it will be needed at the time of written exam. It also contains many important details about the exam. All the candidates must download the admit card and get it printed at the earliest.
UPSC CDS 2 2017 Exam Dates
|Release of Notification||9th August 2017|
|Last date to submit the Application form||8th September 2017|
|Date of Examination||19th November 2017|
The CDS II 2017 Exam result will be declared 2 months after the exam. The result will be posted on the official website where the candidates can view it. Candidates will be called for the SSB interview round on the basis of the result. The final merit list will be made through the result only. The date of the result will also be released soon. UPSC CDS 2 2017 Exam Result
CDS 2 Official Link:
Other Recruitment Exams in India
|SSC CGL Tier 1 2017||CG TET 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2017||HTET 2017|
|SSC CHSL 2017||HP TET 2017|
|SSC Constable GD 2017||KARTET 2017|
|SSC JE 2017||Kerala TET 2017|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2017||Maharashtra TET 2017|
|SSC MTS 2017||Tamil Nadu TET 2017|
|SSC Stenographer 2017||UP TET 2017|
|IBPS Clerk 2017||WB SET 2017|
|IBPS PO 2017||Punjab TET 2017|
|IBPS SO 2017||OTET 2017|
|IBPS RRB 2017||UPSC IAS 2017|
|RBI Grade B Officer 2017||UPSC CAPF 2017|
|RBI Assistant 2017||UPSC IFS 2017|
|SBI SO 2017||IES/ ISS 2017|
|SBI PO 2017||NDA 2017|
|SBI Clerk 2017||CDS 1 2017|
|SBI Associate Banks 2017||CDS 2 2017|
|CBSE NET 2017||Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2017|
|CSIR UGC NET 2017||SCRA 2017|