UPPGMET 2017 which is commonly known as Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test a state level exam. Lets amplify your knowledge regarding the said examination. You can avail of admission to postgraduate programmes such as M.D. / M.S. / Post Graduate Diploma in various colleges in the state of Uttar Pradesh through this exam. It is organized via the Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association. If you are interested you can fill up the application form from October, 2016. You are required to score at least 50% in UPPGMET-2017 and merit would be determined on the basis of marks gained in the exam. UPPGMET 2017 exam would be conducted in the month of January, 2017.
After the brief introduction lets summarize the examination.
|UPPGMET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||UPPGMET|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
UPPGMET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for any examination always ensure to check the eligibility criteria so as to avoid misunderstandings. In order for you to be eligible for UPPGMET 2017 examination you have to satisfy following condition:
- You need to have cleared M.B.B.S. course from an institute duly recognized by Medical Council of India.
- The Internship of the individual need to be finished before April 2016.
- You must have your registration with State Medical Council / Medical Council of India.
- For NRI / Foreign individuals, the above mentioned criteria needs to be approved by the Medical 5 Council of India.
Subject to Regulations on Post Graduate Medical Education, 2000.
UPPGMET 2017 Application form
If you are interested you can fill and submit UPPGMET 2017 application form. The steps for applying for UPPGMET form are mentioned below:
Step 1: You need to visit www.upumcwa.org to register for the examination.
Step 2: You are required to download the application form from the website as mentioned is step 1.
Step 3: You are also required to fill their personal, qualification and other details as mentioned in the form.
Step 4: You would have to paste your recent passport size photograph and sign in the space provided in the form.
Step 5: You would have to pay your application fees through DD and send it to the following address:
1st Floor, Anand Ashram Complex
Rampur Garden, Bareilly
You are required to pay your application fees of Rs 3500/- through DD in favor of ‘UPUMCWA’ payable at Bareilly.
UPPGMET 2017 Exam Pattern:
The exam patter would give you an added edge over the other candidates. It is as follows:
- The paper comprises of 250 multiple choice questions.
- Your 0.25 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer and 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
- Duration for the paper will be 180 minutes.
UPPGMET 2017 Syllabus
- The syllabus would be the same as mentioned for the MBBS courses as per Regulation on Post Graduate Medical Education, 2000 framed under IMC Act 1956.
- The questions would generally be of MBBS level
- The number of questions from different subjects in the paper would ordinarily (but not necessarily) be as follows:-
|Subject||Approximate No of questions|
|TB & Respiratory disease||04|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||15|
|Ear, Nose and Throat||12|
All of you who have registered can make avail of a sample test on the UPUMCWA website in the first week of January 2016 for the purpose of practice and to provide you with a look as well as a feel of the computer based test.
UPPGMET 2017 Exam dates
|UPPGMET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Sale / Online Submission/Download of UPPGMET 2017 Application Form Starts from||October 2016|
|UPPGMET Forms available at participating colleges||November 2016|
|Last Date for UPPGMET form submission through online mode||January 2017|
|Last Date for UPPGMET form submission through post||January 2017|
|Download of UPPGMET 2017 admit card||January 2017|
|Date of Entrance UPPGMET 2017 Exam||January 2017|
|Date of UPPGMET 2017 Result Declaration||Second Week of February 2017|
|UPPGMET 2017 Counselling||March, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates