Uttarakhand Pre medical Test popularly called as UPMT 2017 is a state level medical entrance exam. This exam is organized to offer admission in various medical courses (MBBS and BDS) in the top government and private medical colleges in the state of Uttarakhand. UPMAT is organized by Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University. You can fill the application form from March, 2017. You are admitted on the basis of marks secured by them in the UPMT examination and the seats in various medical colleges of Uttarakhand are allotted based on the rank scored by them in the UPMT exam 2017. UPMT 2017 exam would be conducted on May, 2017.
|UPMT 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Uttarakhand Pre medical Test|
|Commonly known as||UPMT Medical 2017|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
Table of Content
UPMT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You would be eligible for this examination only if you satisfy the UPMT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- You need to be at least 17 years of age at the time of taking admission or should complete on or before 31st December, 2016.
- Those of you who have cleared in Higher Secondary Certificate examination or its equivalent examination can apply for the examination.
- You need to have secured at least 50% of total marks in Higher Secondary Examination in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects to apply for the examination (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC category)
- Those of you who are appearing for the Higher Secondary Examination can also apply for the examination.
- You should belong to Uttarakhand (having Uttarakhand domicile) or should have completed your 10th and 12th from Uttarakhand.
- You need to have cleared in Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology and English individually.
UPMT 2017 Application form
Those of you who are interested must fill and submit the UPMT 2017 application form.
Steps for applying for UPMT form are mentioned below:
Step 1: You need to visit www.hnbumu.ac.in to register for the examination.
Step 2: You need to fill your personal, qualification and other information as required in the form and submit it.
Step 3: You need to upload your recent passport size photograph (less than 50 kb) and signature (less than 30 kb) and submit it.
Step 4: After filling up the form you need to make payment through Debit/ Credit card/ Demand Draft or through E-challan.
Step 5: You need print your confirmation page and note down the Application No keep it safely for all future correspondences.
- For individuals making Offline Payment using Demand Draft or E-Challan.
- By E-Challan: The payment of application fee can be done at any branch of Allahabad Bank after 24 hours of printing the E-Challan slip generated after filling the UPMT 2017 application form.
- By Demand Draft: If the payment has to be done using Demand Draft, the Demand Draft should be in favor of H.N.B. MEDICAL EDUCATION UNIEVRSITY, payable at Dehradun.
Note: You need to mention your complete name, address and phone number on the back of demand draft.
- After making the payment either by E-Challan or by Demand Draft, you need to take a print out of the Confirmation page and send it to the below mentioned address along with Demand Draft or the university copy of e-challan slip prior to the given dates.
Controller of Examination,
H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University,
123, Ganga Vihar, Haridwar Road Dehradun – 248 001.
|For General and OBC applicants||Rs 2000|
|For SC and ST applicants||Rs 1400|
UPMT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The test comprises of 200 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each.
- Your marks would not be deducted for any wrong answer given.
- The test would be conducted in English and Hindi.
- The distribution of marks and question is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions||Marks|
UPMT 2017 Syllabus
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some Basic Concepts
- Atomic Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity of Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements
- p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles & Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and environment
UPMT 2017 Exam Centres
- Srinagar (Garwal)
UPMAT 2017 Exam Dates
|UPMAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|UPMT 2017 Release of Application Form||3rd week of March 2017|
|Last date to fill UPMT 2017 Online form||3rd week of April 2017|
|Last date for submission of application at the university||3rd week of April 2017|
|Download of UPMT Admit Card 2017||First week of May 2017|
|UPMT 2017 Exam Date||3rd week of May 2017|
|UPMT 2017 Result||Last week of May, 2017|
UPMAT 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for UPMT 2017 would tentatively be released in the month of May 2017. An email would be sent on the registered email id including the admit card downloadable link. Othervise the candidates can also download the UPMT 2017 admit card from the official website also. In case you have any problem while downloading or viewing the admit card you can contact the university.
UPMAT 2017 Result
UPMT results would tentatively be released in the month of May 2017. In order to qualify in the exam, candidates who belong to general category need to acquire a minimum of 50% marks and those who belong to SC/ST/OBC category must score a minimum of 40% marks.