UPES M.Tech Admission 2016 – Those of you who are applying to the M.Tech courses at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) should note, that admissions would be on the basis of the scores secured in the qualifying exam and personal interview.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is known for its education and research in fields of energy & power and is private research university in Dehradun. This is the lone university in the country to provide Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD programs in core faculties of petroleum and energy.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- You need to have a valid GATE score
- You need to have cleared B.E/B.Tech courses in their respective disciplines with at least a total of 60%.
- You need to have a minimum of 60% marks in your Higher & Senior Secondary level (class X and Class XII respectively)
The University has a R&D Centre is dedicated to the research and development in different fields, behind the R&D Centre there is an Oil Rig working model dedicated for the Petroleum Engineering and Earth Sciences students. The training and placement cell of UPES provides preparation and placement support to individuals. This university has an impeccable 85 percent placement record.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) was founded in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. The university endeavors to be recognized as’ Nation Builder’ with a broadminded vision of creating specialized professionals in the core sectors that can contribute in the economic growth of the country.
|UPES M.Tech Admission 2016 Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
UPES M.Tech Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
UPES M.Tech 2016 Admission Process
Pupil hopeful to gain admission to the university may choose from any 1 of the 3 modes given here and apply for a seat:
- You would have to register and then would receive an email from UPES on the registered email id. Then you would have to access the link provided by UPES in order to verify your email id and activate your account on the UPES website. All of you need to provide the academic details asked, etc and pay the application fee for Rs 1850/= only by Credit card/ Debit card.
- By Post:
You need to purchase the UPES Prospectus & Application form by sending a demand draft of Rs.1,850 in favour the “UPES Fee Account”, to be paid at New Delhi to
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrollments Office,
UPES, 210, 2nd Floor,
Okla. Industrial Estate,
New Delhi 110020.
- In Person:
You need to purchase the UPES Prospectus & Application on a cash payment of Rs.1,750 from admission desk kiosks at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh / Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai.
The official Website: www.upes.ac.in needs to be checked for timely updates and important guidelines.
UPES M.Tech Selection Process
The contenders are evaluated basis a personal interview and group discussion. Screening of Application and Interview. Those of you who have a valid GATE score would be given preference
UPES M.Tech Admission 2016 Counseling
- Those of you who are shortlisted for the Counselling session for the UPES M.Tech Admission are summoned for a personal interview.
- Those of you who are selected need to pay the course fees on the basis of the course selected.
If you are admitted to M. Tech (full-time) program in the academic session with GATE scores higher than 90 percentile and above will be considered for half time research assistantship @ Rs.6000/- per month (half time 12 hrs work every week on campus from August – May month within 2 years of study.)
Those who are admitted to M. Tech (full-time) program in the academic session with GATE 2014 scores less than 90 percentile or don’t have a GATE score will be given quarter time teaching / research assistantship for 2 years @ Rs.3,000/- only per month of (6 hrs of work every week on campus from August – May month within 2 years of study.)
UPES M.Tech Admission 2016 Important Dates
|UPES M.Tech 2016 Admission Events||Important Dates|
|Application Availability||September, 2015|
|Last Date for Application||May, 2016|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.