Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test Dental popularly called as UPCAT BDS 2017 is a national level entrance exam. This exam is organized to offer admission in BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY (BDS) program in a range of Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh. Those of you who are interested can fill the application form from April, 2017. UPCAT is organized by the Association of Private Medical and Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh. The under graduate programs in BDS is four year plus one year mandatory internship course. You would be selected based on the marks secured this entrance exam. UPCAT BDS 2017 entrance exam would be held in June, 2017.
|UPCAT BDS 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test Dental|
|Commonly known as||UPCAT Dental|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Association of Private Medical and Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
UPCAT BDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You would be eligible for the examination only you satisfy the following UPCAT BDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- You need to be 17 years at the time of taking admission or should complete on or before 31st December, 2016.
- You need to have cleared Higher Secondary Certificate examination or its equivalent examination can apply for the examination.
- You need to have secured at least 50% of total marks in Higher Secondary Examination in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects taken together to apply for the examination (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category)
UPCAT BDS 2017 Application form
Those of you who are interested must fill and submit UPCAT BDS 2017 application form.
Steps for applying for UPCAT form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: The Application form for UPCAT Dental 2017 would be available offline.
- Step 2: Application forms can be obtained from all participating Dental colleges of U.P. against payment of Rs. 1,500/-.
- Step 3: You need to fill in your details as mentioned in the form and submit it.
- Step 4: You would then need to paste your recent passport size photograph and signature.
For any further detail visit www.upcatdental.net
UPCAT BDS 2017 Exam Pattern
Below we have mentioned the UPCAT BDS 2017 Exam Pattern, you can have a look at it:
- The test consist of 200 multiple choice questions of 3 parts namely:
Biology- Botany and Zoology
- The time for the exam is about 180 minutes.
- Your 1 mark would be added for each correct answer and will not lose any marks for any wrong answer given.
- The distribution of subject and question is as follows:
|Subject||No of question||Marks|
UPCAT BDS 2017 Syllabus
- Biology (Zoology and Botany)
UPCAT BDS 2017 Exam Dates
|UPCAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Sale of Application Forms and Information Brochure||First week of Feb 2017|
|Last date for submission of filled in application forms||Last week of Apr 2017|
|Date of UPCAT BDS 2017 Exam||3rd week of May 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.