What happens when learning pulverises every limitation? What happens when long distances are not a barrier in educating that one student who has dreams to fulfil? What happens when the technology is channelised for a better cause, i.e., for learning?
When all of it happens, the number of educated students will exponentially rise. Students, placed in geographically remote areas will find a ray of hope to expand their horizons through education. When this happens, future scientists, academicians, leaders will be produced.
So how does it happen? This is yet another essential question. The answer is digital classes. Today, as more and more people connect on the internet, it is an opportune time for the education system to pave its way in establishing a digital presence.
Online Education- Development Statistics
India has immense potential to carry out a complete revolution in the education system through digital classes itself. As per a KPMG report, “ The online education in India is expected to grow from USD 0.25 billion in 2016 to USD 1.96 billion in the year 2021.” While digital classes nearly cut down the costs of infrastructure and other physical facilities, many students come as a respite to relieve them from high education costs.
It is imperative to understand that, the school fee bogs not everyone, however, many people have to think twice in terms of cost due to financial shortcomings. KPMG report also states that online learning is expected to rise to up to 10 million by 2021 at the CAGR of 10%. It also highlights a stark difference between rural Indian education and the urban one.
Not only private schools but also the government schools are always encouraging education in digital spaces. They are offering online study options by providing e-learning resources—many schemes such as SWAYAM, Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), Digital India, etcetera.
These statistics are evident proof that digital classes are rapidly taking shape in India. Also, it is an undeniable fact that it is in a nascent stage. Right now is the time where the actual work has to go in, making it a possibility for tomorrow.
How is online education managed?
So let’s analyse how it can be worked out. Transferring education in online mode is not as easy as it sounds. Apart from the learning process, many other tasks like administrative functions, etcetera are carried out in a school. Ever wondered how is it all fetched on the internet? It is possible through Online ERP solutions. So as the name suggests itself, ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. This technology is not just utilised in large enterprises today but also in education spaces.
The school ERP is essentially the scene behind the proper functioning of digital classes today. See when it comes to an individual endeavour, ERP is not needed. There are many teachers today who have established their online presence through social media channels. However, when it comes to formal education: administration, assignment, students and teachers record, etcetera is supposed to be maintained. So online School ERP provides that solution to manage all these school resources on one platform. The following space essentially talks about the essential features of School Online ERP:-
- Admission Tasks- It is imperative to understand that schools’ admission tasks are essentially tedious. Taking care of the details of the administrative tasks is very important. Missing out on any details can lead to serious repercussions. Manual assistance has high error chances. By employing the ERP systems, accuracy and efficiency are easily maintained.
- Fee Administration- Now, the transaction of money in online mode is a sensitive issue. So ERP solutions provide a comfortable ecosystem that assists in the fee transaction as well.
- Students and Teachers Record- School is a formal set-up of education. Now every educations system requires its data to be recorded in safe space. ERP aids in keeping detailed data of the students, teachers and the staff.
- SMS Management- Since every education system chooses a School Management System to conduct classes. It becomes essential to ensure its smooth functioning too. Now Online ERP systems, help in managing SMS and LMS as well.
- Data Privacy- As one shift to online platforms, it is imperative to ensure information privacy. Internet is a sensitive platform, and data is a vulnerable element. Therefore to enjoy the benefits f this technology, one must ensure a sound cybersecurity system. An online ERP essentially provides data security provisions which help in preserving the user information.
“Digital Platforms are going to be the new language of tomorrow. But one must go through the manual before utilising the technology. Otherwise, it will not be bright under full use. Similarly, to cater to an online education system, one must know the importance and implementation of Online ERP systems.