Table of Content
The official admissions notification regarding University of Mysore Ph.D. course is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about University of Mysore Ph.D. Admissions 2017 such as its important dates, eligibility criteria and other important notifications.
The University of Mysore is a public state university founded in the year 1916 in Mysore, Karnataka. Its in one of the oldest universities in India which is UGC certified and has 122 tied up colleges having 37 PG departments. 8 research and training centers and 2 PG centers.
The university offers research programs such as Ph.D. Admission into this program is done based on the entrance exam conducted by this university.
University of Mysore Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Application forms available from||23rd Nov, 2016|
|Last date to submit application form with challan||18th Dec, 2016|
|Entrance exam||16th – 18th Jan, 2017|
University of Mysore Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Courses offered in Ph.D:
|Ambedkar Studies||Computer Science|
|Ancient History and Archaeology||Cooperation|
|Communication and Journalism||Food Science & Nutrition|
|Human Development||Gandhian Studies|
|Jainology & Prakrits||Geo Information System|
|Library & Information Science||Mathematics|
|Public Administration||Physical Education|
|South Indian Studies||Speech & Hearing|
|Speech Language Pathology||Statistics|
|Urban & Rural Planning||West Asian Studies|
- You need to have a masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for ST/SC from a recognized university.
Agribusiness – (2 to 5 year):
- You need to possess MA degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or History.
Education – (2 years (FT), 4 years (PT)):
- You need to have a M.Ed degree with a minimum of 55% marks or its equivalent.
- You need to have a degree in Master of Social Work.
Age limit eligibility:
- There would be no upper age limit for Ph.D. entrance exam.
University of Mysore Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Application Process
- You need to register online by submitting application form and scanned copy of the bank challan on the official website of the university after submitting an application fee of Rs 2000/- for GC and Rs 750/- for ST/SC.
- In order to submit application for Ph.D. by Foreign Nationals with Indian/Foreign degrees candidates need to contact
University college of Fine Arts Premises
- Any correspondence with regard to Ph.D. Entrance exam need to be addressed to
Ph.D Entrance Cell
University of Mysore
Pareeksha Bhavan (Behind Crawford Hall)
Selection Process of University of Mysore Ph.D. Admissions 2017
- Candidates would be selected based on the entrance exam organized by the university.
Admission without entrance test
- Those who belong to (Foreign National with Indian/Foreign Degrees) can apply directly for provisional registration without entrance exam.
- Those who have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) fellowships or lectureship through UGC/CSIR NET Exam/K-SET/ GATE or Government/Aided College Teachers under FIP would also be able to take admission without entrance test.
- Those who have qualified M.Phil and have taken admission into it through entrance test would also be eligible to take admission in Ph.D. without appearing for the entrance exam.