UGC NET 2015 December – The entrance exam of UGC NET 2015 will be conducted by the CBSE on the behalf of UGC. The test is conducted twice every year for the selection of Junior Research Fellows (JRF) and Associate Professors (AP). The selected candidates will be recruited as AP or JRF in the 89 colleges as well as universities across the nation. The UGC NET 2015 Exam will be hosted in 99 subjects. After the candidates have passed the exam, they shall be selected to pursue the research work or teaching in IITs as well as NITs.
The following section of the article will concentrate on the eligibility details, dates, the process of form submission and application, reservation, exam pattern and various other details on the exam. As the exam has not yet been announced for the year of 2015, the following details have been derived from the previous year brochure. As soon as the details for UGC NET 2015 are out, the exact links and dates and other details will be updated. Till then, please refer the following information.
- UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
- UGT NET Exam Pattern
- UGT NET Application Form
- UGT NET Exam Dates
- UGT NET Admit Card
|UGC NET 2015 December Exam Summary|
|Exam Name:||UGC National Eligibility Test|
|Also known as:||UGC NET|
|Exam level:||State Level|
|Conducting authority:||CBSE Board|
Let us start with an overview of the eligibility norms. The candidates are advised to apply for the exam if and only if they are eligible as per the following norms:
UGC NET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
|Master degree in Computer Applications, Social Sciences and Electronic Science (GENERAL)Master degree(OBC/ SC/ ST/ PH)||A minimum of 55% aggregate marksAt least 50% aggregate marks|
|Passed or Appearing Master Degree Final Year OR Results are awaited||At least 50% aggregate marks|
|Ph.D. degree with master degree completed in the year 1991||With aggregate in between 55% to 50%|
|Appear in the subject of master degree|
- The candidates who wish to apply for the posts of JRF should not be more than 28 years by the month of December 2015 (Week 1).
- This age limit has been relaxed by 5 years for the candidates of OBC, SC, ST and PWD candidates and for the women applicants.
- The candidates with an experience in the research will also be given relaxation in the maximum age limit criteria of Exam of UGC NET 2015 subject to a maximum of 5 years.
- However, NO upper age limit has been fixed by the UGC for the selection on the posts of AP.
Exemption from the Exam:
- The candidates who have qualified the exam of JRF/ CSIR/UGC before the year of 1989 will be exempted from the exam.
- The candidates who have passed the exam of SET prior December 2002 will also be exempted from the Exam of UGC NET 2015.
- The candidates who have been awarded the Ph. D. degrees under the UGC Act of 2009 will be exempted from the exam too.
After having gone through the eligibility details of the exam, let us have a look at the fee details.
UGC NET Exam 2015 Fee Details
- General Categories + OBC (Creamy Layer): Rs 600
- ST/SC/PwD: Rs 150
- NCL – OBC: Rs 300
- The fee can be submitted via the Credit or Debit Card and E – challan. The e – Challan can be remitted in the banks of Canara or Syndicate or HDFC or ICICI Banks.
The candidates will be able to check the status of the fee remission on the official website after they have submitted the fee for the UGC NET Exam 2015. Please note that the application form submission will NOT be over without the fee remission.
UGC NET 2015 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be held in June 2015 and December 2015 for the selection of the candidates.
- There will be a total of 3 papers in the exam which are as follows:
|Paper||Duration||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Paper 1||1.15 hour||100||60 out of which 50 are compulsory|
|Paper 2||1.15 Hour||100||50 (All Compulsory)|
|Paper 3||2.30 hour||150||75 (All Compulsory)|
After having read the exam pattern in detail for all of the exams, let us move on to the application details of the UGC NET Exam. The candidates are yet again advised to submit the application forms if and only if they are eligible for the admissions process otherwise their forms will be rejected. Also, the fee submitted by such candidates will be forfeited.
UGC NET 2015 Application Form:
- The application forms will be released online and can be filled and submitted on the following link:
UGC NET 2015 – Apply Online
- The candidates are advised to not obtain forms from any third party or the self – acclaimed agency for the application forms.
- The application form submission will require the online registration in which the candidates have to submit the following details:
Date of Birth
Mobile Number etc
- After the applicant has completed the submission of all the details mentioned above, he or she will be sent the details for the login on the online account.
- These details for the online registration for the Exam of UGC NET 2015 will be sent on the Email ID submitted in the previous step. The candidates have to use them to login to the online application form and complete the submission.
- The candidates will be required to submit the following details in the online form:
Language of the Paper
Subjects for the Paper
Address for Communication
Academic Details of Class X and XII
- The candidates are advised to submit the complete and correct details as once the form for the Exam of UGC NET 2015 has been submitted, some particulars will be rendered unchangeable.
- Once the filling of the basic particulars is done, the candidates will be required to submit the fee for the exam via any of the modes mentioned above.
- Finally, the candidates will be able to submit the form after the fee has been remitted.
UGC NET 2015 Admit Card
- The exam takers will be issued the admit card once the application submission is over and the applications have been processed.
- The candidates need to just enter their details such as application number and date of birth to download the admit card.
- The appropriate link for the admit card will be hosted on this page as soon as the document has been released.
- The admit card for the UGC NET 2015 will be used at the time of exam for candidate verification as well as at the time of final formalities (after exam qualification). Therefore, the candidates are advised to keep it safe and preserve a soft copy of the document for future use.
- The admit card will bear the following details:
Date, Day, and time of the exam
Roll Number for the exam
Language of the Exam
Photo and Signature
- The document will also bear some instructions to be followed on the day of UGC NET 2015 Exam.
UGC NET 2015 Results
- The UGC will fix cutoff scores for the Paper 1, 2, and 3 for all the candidates which must be crossed in order to be eligible for the awards of JRF and AP posts.
- General Category:
Paper 1: 40 Marks
Paper 2: 40 Marks
Paper 3: 75 Marks
- OBC, ST, SC and PWD Categories:
Paper 1: 35 Marks
Paper 2: 35 Marks
Paper 3: 60 Marks
- The qualification of the exam will be step 1 after which three more steps will be there in the final result generation of the UGC NET 2015 Exam.
- Step 2 will involve the generation of subject wise and category wise merit list of the candidates who have passed the exam.
- Step 3 will involve choosing top 15% candidates for the awards of Assistant Professorship ONLY.
- Step 4 in the result generation process of the UGC NET 2015 will involve the merit listing of the candidates from the step 3 for the award of JRF.
Please note that the above mentioned qualifying criteria for the UGC NET 2015 Exam are final and unquestionable.
UGC NET 2015 December Exam Dates
|UGC NET December Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Submission of UGC NET 2015 December online application form||October 2015
|Last date for Applying Online||November 2015|
|Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank challan , at any branch of (Syndicate/Canara ICICI Bank) or through credit/debit card||November 2015|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||November 2015|
|UGC NET 2015 Decemeber Test Date||December 2015|