Those of you who are looking for admissions into UAS Bangalore can proceed further and apply as the official notification regarding UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017 is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017 such as its exam dates, application form and other important notifications.
UAS (University of Agricultural Science), Bangalore is an independent body which offers specialized UG and PG degree programs in a range of branches of agricultural sciences. Presently the university offers 9 programs at UG level, 21 programs at PG level and research programs i.e. Ph.D. in 14 disciplines.
The following UG level courses in various disciplines are offered by the university:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Registration Begins||10th May 2017|
|Registration Ends||26th Jun , 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||10th – 13th Jul, 2017|
UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For B.Sc (Agriculture):
The following disciplines are offered in B.Sc. Program:
|Agriculture Marketing & Co-operation||44|
Eligibility: You need to have cleared the 2 years PUC (Pre University College) of Karnataka or its corresponding with PCB or any Science subject with a recognized board of education.
The following disciplines are offered in B.Tech program:
Eligibility: You need to have cleared the 2 year PUC (Pre University College) of Karnataka or its equivalent with PCM and any other Science subject from a government recognized institution.
How to Apply for UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017
- You can register for UG programs by downloading the concerned application form available on the official website. Completely filled up applications in all respects need to be submitted to the university. Applications which are filled up in all respects need to be submitted to the university office along with the registration fee.
- Registration fee for General category is Rs 500/- whereas ST/SC/CAT-1 candidates must be paid Rs 250/- along to complete the application process. The fees need to be paid by DD (Demand Draft) which is drawn in favour of “The Comptroller, UAS, GKCK, Bangalore”.
Selection Process of UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017
For B.Sc. courses:
- Those who belong to general category would be selected on the basis of merit i.e. marks attained in PCB in 2nd year of PUC or 12th standard.
- Agriculturist quota students need to appear for the practical test which would be of a total of 200 marks. 50% marks of the entrance test and 50% marks gained in PCB in 2nd year of PUC or 12th standard would be weightage for selection.
For B.Tech. courses:
- Those who belong to general would be selected based on the merit (marks gained in PCM in 2nd year of PUC or 12th std)
- Agriculturist’s quota individuals need to appear in practical test of a total of 200 marks. Weightage for selection would consist of 50% marks obtained in PCB in 2nd year of PUC or 12th standard and 50% marks of the entrance test.
Reservation Criteria of UAS Bangalore B.Sc and B.Tech Admissions 2017
|76.2% seats||General quota|
|23.8% seats||Agriculturist and Children of Agriculturist|
|15% from the seats from general quota||Rural candidates|
|5% of the general seats||for students who have studied 10 years from Kannada Medium|
|12% of the available general seats||for the Special Category which includes: