Here in this article you would get complete details about Tumkur University Ph.D. Admissions 2017 such as its important dates, eligibility criteria, how to apply, etc.
Tumkur University has called in applicants to join their Ph.D. program in part time and full time formats. The university was founded in the year 2004 with a vision to “CREATE A GENERATION OF HUMAN RESOURCES TO SUCCESSFULLY MEET THE GLOBAL CHALLENGES”, which makes it a new name in the field of global education.
The Tumkur University has a total of 12 PG departments, 2 constituent colleges and 94 tied up colleges. It started 29 research centers to promote advanced multi disciplinary research and academic collaborations. In 2012 the university was endorsed with grade ‘B’ by the NAAC.
- Buddhist Studies
- History & Archeology
- Material Science
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Social Work
Tumkur University Ph.D Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Registration||30th May, 2016|
|Date of Entrance Examination||07th Jun, 2016|
Tumkur University Ph.D Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates need to have cleared post graduate with at least 55% marks from any recognized University. For ST/SC/cat-1/Physically challenged students, and teachers, librarians and physical education personnel, they need at least 50% marks.
- If you have received her/his PG result in grade format, the grades would be converted to percentage inorder to fulfill the minimum marks required.
- Those of you who have received their post graduate result in grade format, their grades would be converted to percentage in order to meet the minimum marks required.
- Those of you who have M.Phil degree from Tumkur University would also be eligible for the Ph.D. program.
Tumkur University Ph.D Admission 2017 Application Process
- You would have to submit the completely filled up application form along with the necessary documents and a DD (demand draft) of Rs 1500/-(Rs750/- for ST/SC/Physically challenged) in favour of “Finance Officer, Tumkur University, Tumkur”
- For Biochemistry, Commerce, Chemistry, English, Economics, History and Archaeology, Kannada, Maths, Physics, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, the form would need to be sent to: Chairperson, Tumkur University, Tumkur -572103
- For Buddhist Studies, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Material Sciences, Physical Education, Sanskrit, the form needs to be sent to:The Director, Department of PG studies (Ph.D. section), Tumkur University, Tumkur – 572013.
Tumkur University Ph.D Admission 2017 Admission Process
- Those of you who have not cleared CSIR (JRF)/UGC/SLET/K-SET/GATE exams or do not have a teacher fellowship need to appear for an Entrance exam. You would be selected on the basis of the marks which you have secure in the exam, interview and the marks in the Master’s Degree.
- Those of you who have cleared CSIR (JRF)/UGC/SLET/K-SET/GATE exams or hold teacher fellowshio would have to appear for an entrance exam. You would be selected on the basis of the marks secured by you in the exam, interview and marks secured in Master’s Degree.