The Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test for Telangana State – TS PGECET 2017 is organised by the Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council Of Higher Education (TSCHE). Candidates, who are qualified in GATE, will be given preference during seat allotment procedure, and they will not be required to appear for TS PGECET 2017. This exam is conducted for the admission of the candidates to the first year of Postgraduate courses in Engineering, Technology, Architecture & Pharmacy. It is the state level entrance exams which are conducted by the University in the month of May 2017, candidates need to fill the online application form which will be available in the 2nd week of March. This article will help you to gather all the required information and details such as its eligibility criteria, exam dates, application form, latest news and much more which are mentioned below.
Latest News on TS PGCET 2017
January 20, 2017 – The official exam dates of TS PGCET 2017 are out now, online application released for the candidates willing to apply this year for the TS PGCET 2017.
January 13, 2017 – Telangana State scheduled its PGCET for 2017 version, Candidates start to prepare for the race.
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling will be held from 5th August 2017, the rest details are mentioned below
- Counselling will be based on the candidate’s ranks in TS PGECET 2017. After completing the registration process, candidates need to proceed for verification of certificates.
- Candidates will be notified of the date and time for document verification and counselling fee payment. They need to be present at the helpline centres as per the notified time and date with all the required documents and fee.
- General category candidates have to pay Rs 800, while candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to pay Rs. 400 as processing fee (non-refundable).
- Applicants should carry original certificates along with attested photocopies of the same.
- Applicant needs to provide valid mobile number at the time of verification, as one-time password (OTP) will be for web option entry
- Once verification is over, every candidate will be given a receipt. They should re check all the details furnished on the receipt I.E like mobile number, local area, gender, caste category, minority, parental income, date of birth, special category, eligible degree, specialization, etc.
- If they find any discrepancy in the receipt, they must bring it to the notice of Camp Officer/Co-coordinator immediately for rectification, as seat allotment will depend on the accuracy of this data.
TS PGECET 2017 Seat Allotment
- Seat allotment announced through web based counselling of TS PGECET 2017 will be considered final and cannot be changed or altered under any circumstances.
- While exercising the options, the candidates should keep their mobile phones with them to ensure that the SMS from the counselling authority of TS PGECET 2017 is not blocked.
- In order to check their final seat allotment, the candidates should log in and take the printout of the seat allotment letter from the web. After taking the print out, the candidates must report to the respective colleges on or before the date notified by the allotment letter
- If candidates fail to be present physically or report to the allotted college, their seat will be cancelled.
Procedure for TS PGECET 2017 Web Options Entry
Candidates can select their option entry & they will be sent 6 letter (One Time Password) on their registered mobile number. They need to click on Web Options link to exercising the options.
They are required to enter the Hall Ticket Number, Rank of TS PGECET 2017 and the registered Mobile Number.
Candidates will get option form displayed in front of them with college options on the left side with specialization.
Candidates need to select options, the first step will be to select the preferred college& then select rest of the options. The priority list of selected/entered options will get displayed on the right side window.
Candidates can use the facility of modifying and deleting the options entered.
After the selection of priorities and option entry finalization, click on save button and enter the password sent to the candidates through SMS on their registered mobile. Use the virtual key board available on the screen for clicking on save button and then click on Confirm button.
TS PGECET 2017 Exam Dates
|Date of Application Form||2nd week of March 2017|
|Submission of Application Form without late fee||4th week of April 2016|
|Submission of Application Form with late fees||Last week of May 2017|
|Admit Card||4th week of May 2017|
|Examination Date||30th March 2017|
|Result Announcement||June 2017|
|Counselling||5th August 2017|
|Admission Starts||September 2017|
TS PGECET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be 21years and above to be eligible for this examination.
- They must be of Indian Nationality and should possess the domicile certificate of Andhra Pradesh.
- The qualifying examination (B.E./B.Tech) should be completed with 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST) in all subjects when put together.
- GATE qualified candidates are allowed to appear in the test but they will have to apply for the test separately.
- Those having distance education degree are eligible if it is recognised and has approval from AICTE/DEC.
TS PGECET 2017 Application Form
Availability of Application form for TS PGCET 2017 is from the second week of March 2017 and the last date for obtaining the form is April 2017.
- The application form is available only in online mode.
- Candidates need to submit the application form by visiting the official portal of TS PGECET.
- The amount of the application form will be Rs 500/- for general candidates and Rs 250/- for reserved category candidates. The same amount is valid for GATE qualified candidates for the respected category.
- The GATE qualified candidates are requested to apply separately for admission.
Candidates can apply for more than one course, he/she has to pay the separate registration fee for each test.
Mode of Payment:
The payment can be processed through the following modes:
Credit card/Debit Card
AP/TS Online Center
Process of Form Filling
- Candidates are required to feed in the following details
- Personal details
- Educational details
- 10th Class Admit Card soft copy
- Transaction ID with Payment source
- A unique registration number will be issued after successful submission of the form.
- Candidates are requested to upload their photograph with the size 40kb (max).
Please Note – Selfies shall not be accepted.
TS PGECET 2017 Exam Pattern
|Exam Type||Pen & Paper based|
|Duration of the Exams||2 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||120|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice objectives types|
|Marking||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking|
|Question Paper Language||English Only|
TS PGECET 2017 Admit Card
Admit card will be available to download from the month of May 2017 at its official website. All candidates are required to keep their respective admit card safe till the application process ends.
TS PGECET 2017 Result
In order to check your result, you’ll have to log in to your account by using the login details. Candidates will be also able to obtain their rank card after few days of the announcement of result.
TS PGECET 2017 Contact Details
TS PGECET 2017
Behind Engineering College Library,
Hyderabad – 500 007.