Tricks to Get Higher Score in ICSE 10th 2019- The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations has been an autonomous board conducting the 10th and 12th board examinations every year consecutively for all the students who plan to get affiliated to the same board and excel in future with excellent scores since its inception in 1958. There are numerous private as well as public schools that have perceived their affiliation to the same and the students across the country are successfully qualifying with satisfactory marks every year from all the streams, respectively. What lies most important behind the successful stories of the students is their preparation strategy. The article is strongly motivated towards guiding all the current year 10th board applicants affiliated to the ICSE board to make the best efforts in bagging outstanding results. Not only have this, the syllabus of the course, the best prescribed ICSE books and strategies also been provided for the comprehensive adaptability of the students.
How to Get the Best Score in ICSE 10th 2019?
There are many ways in which a student can refurbish himself/herself in a way that they get an easy access to the various ways to score in each of the subjects in the 10th board examinations, respectively. Some of the most useful steps by step preparation procedures have been provided below comprehensively.
- The foremost step on the part of the students is maintaining the time for each lesson they prepare during the examination season. It is very important to allocate adequate time to the preparation process and yet save enough time for revision of each of the subjects. Time, once lost cannot be retrieved and thus, the students hold the responsibility to utilize it to the fullest without lagging behind the same at the end of the academic year.
- The more previous sample question papers the students practice for all the subjects, the more will they acquainted to the type of questions arriving in the board examinations, comprehensively. The previous question papers help the students in many ways. On one hand, the students build a knack with the pattern of the questions arriving in the examinations and also get introduced with the marking scheme for each subject with which it becomes easy for them to prepare for all the long and short answer type questions.
- Moreover, revision stands a mandatory concept within the preparation strategies within the students. Revising each of the concepts more and more make the students aligned to the same without leaving any kind of doubts regarding any of the subjects, in general, and chapters, in specific. All the students must keep separate time for their revision apart from preparation time, respectively.
- The board students must be very firm and focus completely on the subjects included in the syllabus. All the students must inherit in them full confidence, determination and also the faith to accomplish efforts in order to score the highest at the end of the academic year. Every effort requires a lot of willpower and the same is required for the students appearing in the board examinations for both 10th and 12th
- All the students must make sure that they avoid procrastination on matters of preparation for the board examinations. Procrastination never helps and thus, spoils the time of the respective students. Thus, not only this but the students get distracted by the social media networks and thus, need to make sure that they abandon the same during the time the examinations continue. To continue full concentration on the studies, it is best if the students keep themselves isolated from the social world and the happenings in the same.
- The choice of the books and reference must be chosen decisively. This is because the books that the students choose influence their studies. The publications of the books and sample question books must be chosen in consultation with the seniors like parents, peers, passed out alumnus and the subject experts, respectively. The wrong book would surely lead to the losses on the part of the students and affects them a lot till the end of the academic year. So choose the best books before it is too late.
ICSE 10th Best Prescribed Books
All the books that have been provided below can be referred by the students of 10th standard affiliated to the ICSE, respectively.
|Together with Biology Class X (ICSE Based) (English) 13th Edition (Paperback)||A. Jacob|
|Together with Physics for ICSE Students Class-X (English) (Paperback)||Mukesh Kumar Gandhi|
|Concise Physics I. C. S. E. 2015 (Part 2 For Class 10) (Paperback)||Selina Publishers (2013)|
|Together with Chemistry Class X (ICSE Based) (English) 13th Edition (Paperback)||Anshu (Suri) Gulati|
|Concise Chemistry I. C. S. E. 2015 (Class 10) (Paperback)||Selina Publishers (2013)|
|ICSE Mathematics For Class 10 / E5 by Asit Das Gupta-English-Bharati Bhawan by Asit Das Gupta-English-Bharati Bhawan||Asit Das Gupta-English-Bharati Bhawan (English)|
|Together with the English Language for Class-IX-X (ICSE Based) (English) 12th Edition (Paperback)||A. K. Saxena|
|Merchant of Venice (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)||Turner W|
|Together with History & Civics Class-X (English) 11th Edition (Paperback)||Nilima Dayal|
|Together with Hindi for Class-IX-X 7th Edition (Paperback)||Meenakshi Shrivastav Pushplata Sareen Pushparani|
ICSE 10th Syllabus and Subject Strategies:
There are a large number of subjects included in the syllabus of the students affiliated with the 10th board examinations, respectively. All the subjects along with their syllabus for the whole academic year has been stratified below.
- Mathematics: The subject needs to be dealt with utter patience and excellence in practice. The more you deal with mathematics; you tend to fear it only when you lack practice. It is the responsibility on the part of all the students to practice this subject regularly even if they have done sums in their coaching or tuitions. The examination is worth the weightage of 80 marks and an internal assessment of 20 marks only for the duration of two and half hours classified into two sections. The first section consists of the compulsory questions whereas; the second section consists of the questions posing choice.
- Commercial Mathematics
(i) Compound Interest
(ii) Sales Tax and Value Added Tax
(iv) Shares and Dividends
(i) Linear Equations
(ii) Quadratic Equations
(iv) Ratio and Proportion
(vii) Co-ordinate Geometry
Biology: Biology consists of the following chapters as mentioned below. The students must make sure that they understand each concept so as to remember the same regarding the cell cycle, the cell division interphase as well as the significance and major difference between the mitotic and meiotic divisions. Biology consists of many classifications and structural dissemination of concepts related to the human body. Constant reading regularly makes you flourish in the concepts and remember all the terms included in each.
- Basic Biology
(i) Cell Cycle and Cell Division
(ii) Structure of chromosome
- Plant Physiology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical Health and Hygiene
Computer Applications: Many students lack their interest in the theory of computer applications than practical. But the real fact regarding computer applications is that the students can earn scores in both theory and practical in the computer as the subject has proved to be very scoring if all the concepts are analyzed well and jotted down in points hierarchically.
- Revision of Class IX Syllabus
- Class as the Basis of all Computation
- Class as a User Defined Type
- Using Library Classes
Physics: Physics is a subject demanding intellect and smartness. All the chapters in physics demand good practice and reading thoroughly on the part of the 10th students. If you lack clarification in any of the concepts, then understanding the other becomes difficult as all of them are interlinked. There are simple, hard as well as high order thinking skill questions for the students which ought to be understood first and then answered comprehensively. The formulas are to be mugged up in order to solve the sums correctly without making any mistake.
- Force, Work, Energy and Power
(i) Contact and non-contact forces; cgs & SI units.
(ii) Turning forces concept;
(iii) Uniform circular motion.
(iv) Machines as force multipliers
(v) Work, energy, power
(vi) Different types of energy
(vii) Energy sources.
(viii) Principle of Conservation of energy.
(i) Refraction of light
- ii) Total internal reflection:
(iv) Using a triangular prism
(i) Reflection of Sound Waves; echoes: their use; simple numerical problems on echoes.
(ii) Forced, natural vibrations, resonance (through examples).
(iii) Loudness, pitch, and quality of sound:
- Electricity and Magnetism
(i) Ohm’s Law
(ii) Electrical power and energy.
(iii) Household circuits
(iv) Magnetic effect of a current
(i) Specific heat capacities
(ii) Latent heat
(iii) Greenhouse effect and global warming.
- Modern Physics
(i) Thermionic emission
English: English is a language subject that is classified in literature and writing skills and grammar. The students need to hold proficiency in spellings, use comprehensive language while writing the answers, hold a neat handwriting and also integrate the lexical-grammatical corrections in sentences to not lose out marks in the comprehensions and unseen passages as well.
Paper I: English Language (2 Hours, 80 Marks)
Paper II: Literature in English (2 Hours, 80 Marks)
- Prose and Drama
Chemistry: Chemistry is a scoring part of science where there are chemical equations, atoms and molecules, electrons, protons and acids bases and salts demanding good memory. It is necessary on the part of the students to capture the concepts well in the institutions, clarify all the doubts regarding the same and then practice all the concepts on their own without any procrastination. Regular practice proves useful in science.
- Periodic Properties and variations of Properties – Physical and Chemical
(i) Periodic properties and their variations in groups and periods.
(ii) Periodicity on the basis of atomic number for elements.
- Chemical Bonding
- Study of Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Analytical Chemistry – Use of Ammonium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide
- Mole Concept and Stoichiometry
- Study of Compounds
- Organic Chemistry
History and Civics:
Section A: Civics
- The Union Legislature
- The Union Executive
- The Judiciary
Section B: History
- The Indian National Movement (1857 – 1917)
- Mass Phase of the National Movement (1915-1947)
- The Contemporary World
Geography: Geography has always been physical as well as political. If the students are smart enough, then they must make up with the map work that helps them score the best in the subject, respectively. Other than that the students must make sure that they plan their study and makeup notes so that it becomes easy for them to learn the chapters related to the demographics and locations.
Part – I: Map Work
- Interpretation of Topographical Maps
2 Map of India
Mountains and Plateaus:
- Water Bodies
- Latitude and Longitude
- Direction of Monsoon Winds
- Distribution of Minerals
- Soil Distribution
Part – II: Geography of India
- Location, Extent and Physical features
- The climate of India
- Soils in India
- Natural vegetation of India
- Water Resources
- Minerals in India
- Agriculture in India
- Industries in India:
- Waste generation and management
Economics: Economics is a crucial subject which holds its importance in the sequential affairs of the world and persists as an influential discipline among all other social sciences. Economics is always in motion changing every single day and is open to flexible alterations through the stocks, exchanges, budget, and foreign exchange policies and so on. It requires great functional understanding to grab a good idea on the same concepts and also is a systematic discipline that requires its students to be exposed to the current affairs concerning the economy across the globe.
- The Productive Mechanism
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Public Finance
- Money & Banking
- Consumer Awareness
This is all about the preparation tips of ICSE 10th Board. Prepare well and make your parents proud of your excellent marks.