Tamil Nadu Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam popularly known as TNPG 2017 Medical Exam is a state level entrance exam. It is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in various postgraduate medical courses like Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor in Medicine (MD) and Diploma programmes in various Medical Colleges of Tamil Nadu. Interested applicants shall fill the application form from January, 2017. TNPG exam is conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai, and Tamil Nadu. TNPG result will be declared within one week of conduct of exam. Applicant will get admission on merit basis and accordingly will be called for counseling and seat allotment shall be done. TNPG 2017 entrance exam shall be in the month of March, 2017.
|TNPG 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam|
|Commonly known as||TNPG Medical Entrance Exam|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai, and Tamil Nadu|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
TNPG 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible for the examination only if they satisfy following condition:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India to apply for the test.
- Applicants completed / completing MBBS programme along with the entire CRRI period in the state of Tamil Nadu can apply for the examination.
- Applicants who have completed MBBS programme in other states and who are domicile of Tamil Nadu are also eligible for the examination.
- Applicants who have completed or completing the CRRI period on or before March 2017 can also apply for the examination.
- Applicants need to acquire the permanent Medical Council Registration Certificates of the States or of India at the time of Counseling.
- Applicants completing their MBBS degree from other Medical University apart from Dr.MGR Medical University, approved by Medical Council of India are required to produce eligibility certificate from Dr.MGR Medical University, failing to do so will lead to cancellation.
TNGP 2017 Application form
Candidates who are interested must fill and submit the application form of TNGP 2017.
Steps for applying for TNGP form are mentioned below:
Step 1: Applicants need to visit www.tnhealth.org to register for the examination.
Step 2: Applicants need to download the application form.
Step 3: Applicants need to fill in their personal, qualification and other details as mentioned in the application form.
Step 4: Applicant need to paste their recent passport size photograph and sign on the space provided in the below.
Step 5: Applicants need to pay their application fees through DD and send it to Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10 on or before the last date.
For application form applicants can visit: www.tnhealth.org/notification/Jan2015/PG_APPLICATION.pdf
- Applicants need to pay their application fees of Rs 2000/- through DD in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee” payable at Chennai.
TNGP 2017 Exam Pattern
- The test comprises of 200 multiple choice objective type questions.
- Applicants 1 mark will be added for each correct answer and no marks will be deducted for any wrong answer.
- The distribution of subject and questions is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
TNGP 2017 Exam Dates
|TNGP Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Issue of Application Forms||January, 2017|
|Last date of downloading of Application Form||January, 2017|
|Last date of receipt of application form with other DD||February, 2017|
|Date of examination||February, 2017|
|Result date||February, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates