The official notification for TNFU BFSc Admissions 2017 is not yet officially released; we would update the same as soon as an official announcement is released.
TNFU (Tamil Nadu Fisheries University), Chennai is a state funded fisheries University providing professional research, education and training to improve fish production and utilization by following SAU (State Agricultural University) syllabus and pattern. It has its headquarters located in Nagapattinam. TNFU has 3 constituent institutes which offer a range of postgraduate, undergraduate and research programs to its students.
|Duration of the Programme||4 years|
TNFU BFSc Admissions Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates need to belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and should be atleast 21 years of age as on 1st July of the appearing year. For SC/ST/SCA candidates there is no age limit.
- Candidates need to have cleared class 12th or equivalent examination with the following minimum aggregate:
|ACADEMIC SUBJECTS||MINIMUM MARKS (%)|
How to Apply for TNFU BFSc Admissions?
Candidates should apply for admission through online registration process and submit completely filled up application form before the last date. First candidates need to log on to the official website of the university and follow the mentioned steps:
- First candidates would need to visit the official website and in the “Admissions” section click on “Online Application” link.
- Then they would have to click on “Apply Now” button and fill up the application form.
- Then candidates would have to click the “Save” button if you require to make any changes or else click on the “Submit” button if all the details entered are correct.
- Once you have clicked the “Submit” button, you need to pay the registration fee through the payment methods available online.
- Once you have successfully submitted the same the candidates would receive a confirmation mail along with your Login Id and Application Number.
- Candidates must make sure they download a copy of the submitted application for future reference.
Candidates need to bring their downloaded application and the following certificates (original) along with 2 sets of attested copies at the time of counseling:
- HSC/CBSE/other equivalent mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- First Graduate Certificate and Joint declaration form, if required
- Certificates for Special categories, if required
- Community Certificate (For OC candidates community certificate not required)
- Nativity Certificate if required
Admission Process for TNFU BFSc Admissions
Candidates are selected for this program on the basis of their marks in the qualifying examination (10+2 / equivalent). On the basis of counseling candidates would be selected for admission to B.F.Sc and B.E degree courses.
There is a one time counseling and admission fee of Rs 1000/- for BC/OC/BCM/MBC/DNC candidates whereas Rs 500/- for ST/SC/SCA candidates. Kindly note that theses fees are non refundable.
Reservation Criteria of TNFU BFSc Admissions
Selection would be done as per the rules of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu for the following categories:
- Open Competition
- Backward Class (Muslims)
- Backward Class
- Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities
- Scheduled Tribe
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyars
Few seats are also reserved for special categories like Sports persons, Differently-abled, Children of Freedom Fighter and Children of Ex-serviceman and for students from vocational stream, as detailed below:
- Children of Freedom Fighter: Reservation is not applicable to foster / adopted children grandchildren of the Freedom Fighters under this category.
- Differently-abled: 3% of the total number of seats is reserved for the differently-abled candidates.
- Children of Ex-Serviceman: The candidates can also apply for Academic Stream of the qualifying examination for B.F.Sc. degree course under Children of Ex-Serviceman Quota.
- Sports Persons: 2 seats are reserved for sports person only for B.F.Sc. degree program.