TNEA Counselling 2017 will be conducted from 27th June 2017. Anna University who is the official conducting authority of TNEA 2017 examination will also be conducting TNEA Counselling 2017. This counselling will be conducted by the marks scored by the candidates in 10+2 (12th) examination. This process is called as Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA). The University will not be conducting any state level entrance exam this year. Here in this article, you will get all the best-detailed information about TNEA Counselling 2017.
The TNEA Counselling 2017 procedure will begin after the merit list is published. The merit list of TNEA 2017 examination will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the qualifying examination. The candidates whose name appears on the merit list are eligible for the counselling process of TNEA 2017. Candidates will be called for the counselling procedure on their rank orders. The counselling will be held as per category wise. For the purpose of seat allotment, candidates have to attend the counselling personally.
TNEA Counselling 2017 Procedure
We have provided the complete TNEA Counselling 2017 procedure below
- This counselling process will get conducted in offline mode. All the shortlisted candidates must attend the counselling process personally (in present).
- The counselling schedule will be informed to the candidates and also will publish on the official website.
- Candidates must deposit the counselling fee of Rs. 5000.
- The counselling fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be Rs. 1000.
- TNEA Counselling 2017 fee can be submitted through Demand Draft (DD) or Cash.
- Deserving candidates will be getting Counselling Letter via post to attend the counselling.
- The counselling will be organised in two rounds. There will be separate rounds for the general candidates & vocational candidates.
- Candidates have to select the courses/colleges as per their preferences during the counselling process.
- At the time of counselling, the documents will be verified.
- Candidates have to produce a letter from the Head of the Institution, in a case of original documents has been submitted to other Institutions as for the admission.
- Only attested photocopies of certificates from the Head of the Institution will be accepted for the verification.
TNEA Counselling 2017 Important Dates
|Starting Date For Application Registration||1st May 2017|
|Random Number Issue Date||20th June 2017|
|Rank List Announcement Date||22nd June 2017|
|Counselling and seat allotment||27th June 2017|
|Beginning of Classes||In the month of August 2017|
Documents Required for TNEA Counselling 2017
All the shortlisted candidates must carry the mentioned documents during the counselling process for verification
- Class 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If Any)
- Nativity Certificate (If Any)
- Counselling Letter
Allocation of Seats
|Backward Class (Muslim)||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
Here you can check the List of Colleges for TNEA 2017