TN Diploma Nursing 2018 official announcement had released from its official conducting authority. You can find all the regards information in this article. The official notifications are issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu, Directorate of Medical Education for admission into Diploma in Nursing course for 2018 – 2019 session (for individuals who belong to Tamil Nadu only) in Government Nursing Training centres / Medical colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu with the help of single window system. The students, who want to serve the mankind with a pious job of nursing, can fill the application from 11th October 2018 from 22nd October 2018. The last date to download the registration forms would be 21st October 2018. This article mentions the detailed procedure of TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2018.
Worth Rs. 1,00,000 Scholarships for UG & PG Students Click here to apply.
|Course Name:||Diploma in Nursing|
|Duration:||3 years including 6 months internship|
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2018 Exam Dates
|Commencement of Application Form||11th October 2018|
|Last date of application form||23rd October 2018|
|Last date for receipt of the application||23rd October 2018|
|Merit List||3th November 2018|
|Last date of admission||2nd week of November 2018|
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2018 Merit List
TN (Tamilnadu) Diploma Nursing Admission 2018 merit list is published. You can now check the merit list on the official website of Government of Tamilnadu, Directorate of Medical Education.
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2018 Counselling
Those of you who are shortlisted for Sports Quota only can attend the counselling for Sports quota (special category) which is going to be conducted in the 2nd week of November. You would be intimated individually over the phone. The list of shortlisted individuals would be released on the official website. Those who are not shortlisted do not need to attend the counselling for Sports quota (special category).
Check out the official announcement of TN Diploma Nursing 2018 Counselling
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
You need to be a citizen of India.
- You need to be a native of Tamil Nadu.
- Those of you who have studied from class VIII to XII standard in schools of Tamil Nadu should not enclose the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Those who are natives of Tamil Nadu but have studied from VIII to XII std either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu must produce the “Native Certificate”.
- The certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu must be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format which is available in the prospectus and supported along with a copy of Ration card/passport/birth certificate. If a copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form would be rejected. The nativity certificate which is submitted later would be summarily rejected.
- Applications without a proper nativity certificate would not be considered.
- Those of you who are natives of Tamil Nadu alone would be considered for communal reservation.
- Permanent Residence Certificate would not be accepted.
Age Limit: You need to be a minimum of 17 years of age and a maximum of 35 years as on 31st Dec 2018
Those of you who have cleared in all the subjects of the qualifying exam of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination organised by the Tamil Nadu State Board/ any other equivalent board in the following group of subjects.
65% of seats would be filled up with an individual in the following subjects.
- Physics, Botany, Chemistry, Zoology
- Physics, Biology, Chemistry with any other subject.
25% of the seats would be filled up with the individual in the subject not specified in items 1 and 2 above.
If you have cleared the Higher Secondary Course in open university would not be eligible to apply for Diploma in Nursing course.
Those of you who have already completed diploma in the nursing course would not be eligible to apply.
Minimum Eligibility Marks
|SCA/ST/SC candidates||Pass in Higher Secondary course|
|BC, OC, BCM & DNC/MBC Candidates||Pass in Higher Secondary Course with 40% of aggregate of marks|
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2018 Seats Details
You would be admitted under the following categories on merit basis.
- Category – I Stipendiary
- Category – II Stipendiary(TAHDCO) (For SC/SCA/ST/SC converted Christians only)
The stipend would be paid as follows for those of you who are admitted in Diploma in Nursing course from the 2016-2017 session.
|1st year||Rs 600/- per month|
|2nd year||Rs 700/- per month|
|3rd year||Rs 800/- per month|
Rs 800/- would be paid for the period of internship training
The rate of the stipend is liable to be revised at any time without any advance notice.
- Seats which are earmarked for the Special categories would be assigned following the Horizontal reservation. The seats would be allotted as per the merit order in the concerned special category and those seats would be deducted in the concerned compartment (BC / OC / BCM / DNC / MBC / ST / SCA / SC) and the remaining seats would be allotted to the general category.
- If an adequate number of eligible individuals would not be available under special category, the earmarked seats would be reverted back to the general category.
- The other eligibility conditions for admission would be applicable in the case of general category.
Seats Reserved for Children of Ex-Servicemen – No. of Seats reserved: 57
- You need to furnish a certificate which is prescribed in the format in Annexure attained from the competent authority.
- The special committee from the defence authorities constituted for this purpose would scrutinise certificates submitted by the candidates. Those who are eligible would be selected based on their merit.
Seats- Reserved for Eminent Sportsperson – No. of Seats reserved: 3
- Selection would be done by the Common Committee consisting for this purpose.
Seats Reserved for Orthopaedically Physically Disabled. – No. of Seats reserved: 56
- 3% of the total number of seats available in Government Institutions are reserved for the Orthopaedically Physically disabled individuals. Those of you with the disability of lower limbs between 40% – 50% would be considered. The other conditions would be applicable as in the case of the general category.
- You need to produce a certificate from the District Medical Board of the area constituted for the purpose assessing the nature and the extent of disability.
- The Certificate needs to be obtained within 3 months prior to submitting the application form. If the Certificate has been obtained earlier, the application would be rejected.
- The Medical Certificate which is issued by District Medical Board of the area concerned for this purpose is subject to the confirmation by the Expert Committee constituted by the Director of Medical Education at the time of counselling.
- Those of you who are seeking admission under this category need to produce a full-size photograph exhibiting the deformity