Table of Content
Thapar University B.Tech Admissions 2015-2016 – Thapar University is considered to be one of the best private engineering colleges in the state of Punjab. It has an outshined ranking from many years and acquired quite a spot in the technical education field. All those candidates who are interested to pursue B.Tech or B.E. from the university can do by filling an application form with correct and complete details. The admission process will began from April 2015. Admissions in the university will be made thru JEE Main 2015 as university will not conduct any entrance exam of its own.
Thapar University 2015 B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- Only Citizens of India can apply for the admission.
- Applicant must have passed in 12th examination.
- The exam taker must have Mathematics & Physic as compulsory subjects.
- And must have one of chemistry, biology, and bio-technology or computer science as optional subject.
- The applicant should score a minimum of 60% in the examination to Qualify
- Applicant must appear in JEE Main 2015.
- Applicant should be on or after 1 October 1990.
- Candidates from SC/ST/PWD categories are allowed a reduction of 5 years.
- Direct admission shall be approved to board toppers.
Thapar University 2015 B.Tech Application Form:
To apply for the admission candidates have to fill two application forms:
JEE Main 2015 Application Form and Thapar University 2015 Application Form.
Steps for applying online application form are mentioned below:
- The form will be available in online mode on the official website of the university i.e. www.thapar.edu.
- In the form, the applicant must provide details of personal, educational and communication information correctly and completely.
- Also, the candidates are required to pay an application fees to complete the process.
- After submission of the form ,the exam taker have to take two printouts of the form and two recent colored passport sized photos must be pasted on the application form.
- Applicant can pay the application fees in online mode and offline mode.
- Application form must be complete only after reading the conditions of eligibility as mentioned above.
Payment processing fees details:
Online fee payment:
- Applicants have to pay the fees through credit/debit card.
- Fee payment option will be accessible in the application form itself.
Offline fee payment:
- The applicant can pay the fees in offline mode by paying a Demand Draft of Rs.1500 in favor of
- “Thapar University”, owed at Patiala.
- The applicants have to send the form along with Demand Draft to the following address: In-charge
- Admission Cell, Thapar University, Patiala 147004
Candidates can check the application form status later on the official website of the university to see if the application form has been received or not. To check the status, candidate have to enter application number correctly and press the submit button.
Thapar University 2015 B.Tech Selection Process
Applicants shall be selected on the basis of normalized score in JEE Main 2015 and class XII marks in the ratio 60:40. Based on these two scores, the applicant will be provided with a rank.
There shall be three ranks in total:
1) All India Rank
2) Categorical rank and
3) State rank.
The applicants who are board-toppers will be granted direct admissions.
Thapar University 2015 B.Tech Reservation of Seats
A fixed percentage of seats shall be kept reserved for candidates out of total seats available for admission under norms of Indian Government. This procedure will allot seats to those applicants who belong to special categories.
- The distribution of percentage of seats is given bellow:
- ST/SC: From Punjab – 25%, Outside Punjab (SC – 17.5%, ST – 7.5%)
- Punjab State Candidates – 50%
- 2% will be given to candidates of sports category having certificate in A, B, C degree issued by Director of Sports, Punjab
- 10 seats out of total will be reserved for beneficiaries of MHRD, GOI.
- 1 seat for Jammu Kashmir migrants.
- Backward Classes : 5%
- Physically Handicapped : From Punjab – 3%, Outside Punjab – 3%
- 1% seats for candidates who are children of Thapar University Employees.
Thapar University 2015 B.Tech Counseling
Counseling will be conducted by the University in the mid-week of July 2015. Applicants who get enlisted in the merit list will get the chance to mark options of colleges and courses according to priority. Candidates are required to be physically present at the counseling venue to contribute in the process. Also, it is essential to bring all the appropriate documents and certificates in originals and arranged format. Further, they must be attested by authorities. Candidates are suggested to bring photocopies of the set as well at the time of document verification; applicant must also bring a DD of Rs.1500 in favor of “Thapar University”, payable at Patiala to proceed with the counseling.