Table of Content
Chennai based, Anna University conducts the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test – TANCET 2017 on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for individuals like you wanting entry into MBA, MCA and ME / M.Tech / M.Arch. / M.Plan. These degree programs are offered at university sections, university colleges of Engineering, Regional centers of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science colleges and self – financing colleges in Tamil Nadu. Anna University known as AU was established in the year of 1978 with the motto Progress through knowledge. This university is a member of Association of Indian Universities .Anna University was accredited with Five Star Status by the UGC in 20012. It comprises of the following departments: Faculty of Technology, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Science and Humanities and Faculty of Architecture and Planning.
In order to get admission in the various PG courses the university organizes the TANCET 2017 entrance examination. This is a state-run examination. Its necessary that you should complete your minimum educational qualification in order to participate in this examination.
TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria helps you determine if you can or can’t apply for the exam and you should check it out in order to avoid any blunders.
Following are the eligibility criteria for TANCET 2017:-
- Any one of these degrees:-B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree, B.Pharm / B.Sc. (Agri./ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Fishery) degree programme, Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are mentioned.
Certificate holders and other similar certificate holders of professional bodies or societies (e.g. A.M.I.E.) which are accepted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India are considered to be corresponding to B.E./B.Tech. Degree program with 2 years industrial experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course. You need to arrange and provide an experience certificate.
- You should hold Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% of marks for General category. You need to score at least 45% of marks for individuals from the reserved category.
TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam pattern would help you in preparing well for the exam.
Following are the TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern:-
- The test has 100 questions split into 5 parts and has to be answered in a span of 2 hours. Each question has 5 answer options. Each correct answer would fetch you 1 mark while every incorrect answer results in 1/3rdof a mark being deducted as a penalty.
- Various shadings are considered an improper answer and marks deducted accordingly.
- Topics for evaluation will be Business situation analysis, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative section, Data Sufficiency and Verbal ability.
TANCET 2017 Application Form
You can choose from two options to initiate the exam TANCET 2017 registration process:
Personally at the Co-ordinating Centers:
- You will have to obtain the Application form personally, from the specified Co-ordinating Centers; these details are there on the university’s official website.
- You would also have to submit a copy of 10th Std. mark sheet and 12th Std. mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate)
- You will have to pay the TANCET Application Fees in cash or Demand Draft to get a hall ticket.
- The completed forms and the documents need to be sent to the below mentioned address before the last date.
TANCET 2017 Online Registration:
- You must register and log into the website
- And then enter all details and pay by the Application Fees by DD
- You then have to send a copy of the filled in TANCET 2017 Application form along with DD and requisite certificate copies and photographs to:
TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations,
Anna University, Chennai – 600 025
Note: The admit /hall tickets are sent by post.
TANCET Application Fees: Rs 500 for regular individuals (This fee is Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST individuals)
TANCET Application fee need to be paid via cash or DD Drawn in favor of ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University,’ payable at Chennai, obtained from any nationalized bank
DD must be drawn on or after the specified date
TANCET 2017 Admission Process
- GATE Category: Those of you having a binding GATE score with qualifying marks for Assistant-ship in appropriate discipline of Engineering
- Those of you who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks for assistant-ship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers can appear For TANCET
- TANCET Category: Those of you who have a valid TANCET scores.
- Sponsored Candidates: A limited number of seats are available for those of you working by Govt. organizations, Government aided learning institutes and registered professional architects with minimum of 5 year experience
These are question banks available for your reference purpose. You are also advised to review the earlier question papers for reference.
All information regarding this exam is available on the official university website and you are advised to access the same at regular intervals.
TANCET 2017 Exam Dates
|TANCET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Registration in Person / Internet||May , 2017|
|Last Date for TANCET 2017 Registration through Internet||May 21, 2017|
|Receipt of Applications Registered through Internet||Last Week of April 2017|
|Last date for Registration at Co-ordinating Centers||Last Week of April 2017|
|Last date for Spot Registration at Chennai centre||April, 2017|
|TANCET 2017 Exam Dates||June, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.