Chennai based, Anna University conducts the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test – TANCET 2017 on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for individuals like you wanting entry into MBA, MCA, and ME / M.Tech / M.Arch. / M.Plan. These degree programs are offered at university sections, university colleges of Engineering, Regional centres of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science colleges and self – financing colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Anna University known as AU was established in the year of 1978 with the motto Progress through knowledge. This university is a member of Association of Indian Universities.Anna University was accredited with Five Star Status by the UGC in 20012. It comprises of the following departments: Faculty of Technology, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Science and Humanities and Faculty of Architecture and Planning.
In order to get admission in the various PG courses, the university organises the TANCET 2017 entrance examination. This is a state-run examination. It’s necessary that you should complete your minimum educational qualification in order to participate in this examination.
Latest News on TANCET 2017 –
April 13, 2017 – Anna University, Chennai, will release the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2017 result soon. The result will be out tentatively on 23rd April 2017.
February 23, 2017 – Online application facility available for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Exams for MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech, M.Arch, and M.Plan announced by Anna University, Chennai.
February 10, 2017 – TANCET exams to be held on 25th & 26th of March. Many colleges are interested in this year for MBA to introduce in their courses.
TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria help you determine if you can or can’t apply for the exam and you should check it out in order to avoid any blunders.
Following are the eligibility criteria for TANCET 2017:-
- Any one of these degrees: -B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree, B.Pharm / B.Sc. (Agri./ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Fishery) the degree program, Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are mentioned.
Certificate holders and other similar certificate holders of professional bodies or societies (e.g. A.M.I.E.) which are accepted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India are considered to be corresponding to B.E./B.Tech. A degree program with 2 years industrial experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course. You need to arrange and provide an experience certificate.
- You should hold Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% of marks for General category. You need to score at least 45% of marks for individuals from the reserved category.
Knowing the exam pattern would help you in preparing well for the exam.
Following are theTANCET 2017:-
- The test has 100 questions split into 5 parts and has to be answered in a span of 2 hours. Each question has 5 answer options. Each correct answer would fetch you 1 mark while every incorrect answer results in 1/3rdof a mark being deducted as a penalty.
- Various shadings are considered an improper answer and marks deducted accordingly.
- Topics for evaluation will be Business situation analysis, Reading Comprehension, the Quantitative section, Data Sufficiency and Verbal ability.
TANCET 2017 Application Form
You can choose from two options to initiate the exam TANCET 2017 registration login process:
Personally at the Coordinating Centers:
- You will have to obtain the Application form personally, from the specified Coordinating Centers; these details are there on the university’s official website.
- You would also have to submit a copy of 10th Std. mark sheet and 12th Std. mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate)
- You will have to pay the TANCET Application Fees in cash or Demand Draft to get a hall ticket.
- The completed forms and the documents need to be sent to the below-mentioned address before the last date.
TANCET 2017 Online Registration:
- You must register and log into the website
- And then enter all details and pay the Application Fees by DD
- You then have to send a copy of the filled in TANCET 2017 Application Form along with DD and requisite certificate copies and photographs to:
TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations,
Anna University, Chennai – 600 025
Note: The admit /hall tickets are sent by post.
TANCET Application Fees: Rs 500 for regular individuals (This fee is Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST individuals) TANCET Application fee need to be paid via cash or DD Drawn in favour of ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University,’ payable at Chennai, obtained from any nationalised bank
DD must be drawn on or after the specified date
TANCET 2017 Admission Process
- GATE Category: Those of you having a binding GATE score with qualifying marks for Assistantship in appropriate discipline of Engineering
- Those of you who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks for assistantship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers can appear For TANCET
- TANCET Category: Those of you who have a valid TANCET scores.
- Sponsored Candidates: A limited number of seats are available for those of you working with Govt. organisations, Government aided learning institutes and registered professional architects with minimum of 5-year experience
These are question banks available for your reference purpose. You are also advised to review the earlier question papers for reference.
All information regarding this exam is available on the official university website and you are advised to access the same at regular intervals.
25th March 2017 (for MCA/MBA)
26th March 2017 (for other courses)
TANCET 2017 Admit Card
Candidates appearing for TANCET 2017 Admit Card can download their admit card from the official portal of Anna University. TANCET 2017 admit card will be available one or two weeks prior to the examination. If the student misplaces/lost their respected admit card after the examination, they will have to possess the new duplicate admit card for the further proceedings. Rs. 100/- will be charged as a penalty to make a new duplicate admit card. The payment for the duplicate admits card should be paid in the form of Demand Draft (DD) with the written application request to:
TANCET 2017 Exam Dates
|Application Form Availability||29th January 2017|
|Last Date to fill the Application Form||28th February 2017|
|Hall Ticket Announced Date||14th March 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||25th March 2017 (for MCA/MBA) and 26th March 2017 (for other courses)|
|Result Declaration Date||11th April 2017|
|Admission process Started||May 2017
TANCET 2017 Result
TANCET 2017 Results will be announced in the month of April 2017, candidates can check their performance in TANCET 2017 on the official website of Anna University. Those who appeared for TANCET 2017 can also view and download their mark sheet for the further counselling process. The mark sheet will be available only after 10 days of the declaration of results.
Candidates will get admission preference on the basis of their performance rank acquired by them in TANCET 2017. The counselling procedure will be tentatively held in the month of April/May 2017, the official conducting authority will declare the exact dates sooner. Rank list will decide which candidates can appear in counselling process of TANCET 2017.
The detailed documents required in order to proceed counselling is mentioned below:
- 10th Mark Sheet (As a Proof of DOB)
- Passing Certificate of 12th/Graduation
- Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- TANCET 2017 Admit Card
- TANCET 2017 Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate