Every year Anna University conducts an entrance exam for admission in multiple post graduate courses, the exam is popularly known as TANCET Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. The exam is at state level, score obtained in the exam is applicable at all Anna University affiliated colleges and few self-financed institutes, also in government aided institutes. TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria that is imposed for being an eligible contender, those are mentioned below. The main eligibility criteria is candidate should be graduation passed or appearing the final year, also the course should be full time & from recognized institution across India. TANCET 2017 Exam also allows the candidate who has done their diploma and then bachelors. Marks obtained by the candidate should be minimum passing standard of passing of that university with minimum 50% aggregate; this is further reduced by 55 for reserved category students.
Detailed TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria as per Anna University
Candidate should fulfill below mentioned criteria for being one among eligible candidate; breaking any of the eligibility criteria can lead to ultimate cancellation of application form or cancellation of admission directly.
- Candidate should posses a bachelors degree from any institute that is UGC recognized or should be registered with Indian Government
- This bachelors degree should be under 10+2+3/ 10+2+4/ 10+2+2+1
- The degree can be B. Tech/B.E/ MCA/ Sc./ B.Pharm. / B.Sc/ B Com or relevant degree from Science, Arts, Commerce.
- Minimum aggregate marks should be 50%; again there is 5% less for reserved category students
- Candidate appearing for last semester is also eligible but he may need to produce all the documents within the time limit given
Note: Anna University has authority to remove or cancel the application if any of the above condition is not fulfilled.