We are glad to say that the official notification regarding Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) BBA & MBA Admission 2018 is released. Here in this article, you would get complete details about TNOU (Tamil Nadu Open University) BBA & MBA Admission 2018 such as its eligibility criteria, exam dates and how to apply.
TNOU offers PG (Post Graduate) course in different specialisations especially for those of you who belong to Tamil Nadu & Puducherry. MBA program in online mode in IT Enable Financial Services is also offered by TNOU in collaboration with Global Talent Track Pvt. Ltd, Pune.
SOMS (School of Management Studies) under TNOU (Tamil Nadu Open University) offers industry-specific management programs in a number of specialisations through distance mode. The main motive of these programs is to deliver management education in different fields so that it can be applied in multiple growth sectors.
TNOU offers MBA, BBA & B.Sc. (Catering & Hotel Administration) courses in a number of fields & PGDIT (PG Diploma in Information Technology).The university had different learning & teaching methods apart from conventional techniques of education.
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) BBA & MBA Admission 2018 Important Dates
|Last date of Application (Calendar Year)||April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission (Calendar Year)||June 2018|
|Last date of Application (Academic Year)||October 2018|
|Last date of fee submission (Academic Year)||December 2018|
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) BBA & MBA Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Retail Management
- Computer Applications
- Marketing Management
- You need to have cleared class 12th or its equivalent from a recognised university.
- You need to have cleared TNOU or PUC Bachelor Preparatory Program (BPP).
- Those of you with Diploma or 11th + 2 years of TTC or 10th + 2 years ITI would also be eligible to apply.
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Hospitality and Hotel Administration)
- You need to have cleared 10+2 (HSC) or its equivalent from a recognised university.
- You need to have cleared TNOU or PUC BPP (Bachelor Preparatory Program).
- Those of you with Diploma or 11th + 2 years of TTC or 10th + 2 years ITI would be eligible to apply.
- Information Technology
- Human Resource
Qualification: Those of you who are eligible to apply need to have finished their graduation degree from a recognised university.
Industry Specific MBA Programmes
Duration: Min – 2 years, Max – 8 years
· Shipping & Logistics Management
- Those of you with any degree from a recognised University would be eligible to apply.
- Mariners possessing the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study cum training of 6 years after 10 + 2 or diploma from a recognised institution with:
- First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries.
- Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.
- A degree in Hospital Administration or Retail Management would also be considered.
- Those of you who have cleared degree in Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, Allied Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy Management, Physiotherapy, Hospital and Health Administration or Computer Sciences.
- Those of you with a degree in Arts and Sciences with Additional qualifications (e.g. health and/or computer background and/or hospital experience.) would also be eligible to apply.
- Those of you with PG (Post Graduate) Diploma in Health / Hospital Administration from a recognised institution would also be eligible to apply.
· Retail Management
Those of you who possess a graduate degree from a recognised university would be eligible to apply.
How to Apply for Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) BBA & MBA Admission 2018?
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Hospitality and Hotel Administration), MBA/PGDM & BBA/BBM
Students can attain the application form from:
- University’s sales counters on payment of Rs 500 in cash.
- Or from study or Zonal centres on payment of Rs 500 in cash.
- You can also obtain the Application form through post by sending a DD (Demand Draft) of Rs 550 drawn in favor of “ Tamil Nadu Open University” payable at Chennai issued by any nationalised or scheduled bank to
The Deputy Registrar
MPDD TNOU, 577,
Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai– 600 015
- Before you fill the application form you need to go through the OMR application form instructions first.
- You need to fill the application form & pay the required amount of fee in community college only with respect to the program applied. The fee needs to paid to the University only.
- You can remit the fee in any SBI branch by using the photocopy of the fee remittance challan enclosed with the prospectus. The respective bank would keep the bank copy of the challana & return the TNOU & student copy of the challan to the student. You need to enclose the TNOU copy of the challan with application form & send it to the University’s address or to the respective study centre.
- You would have to apply 2 months before the commencement of sessions whether it is for Calendar or Academic year.
- Those of you who are not able to apply for the management courses within the mentioned time limit would have to pay extra Rs 50 as part of the late fee.
- Application form along with the provisional certificates & Examination fee need to be sent to:
The Controller of Examination
Tamil Nadu Open University
DOTE Campus, Guindy, Chennai 600 025
Admission Process of Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) BBA & MBA Admission 2018
- TNOU has founded a fixed number of study centres inside Tamil Nadu state in order assist you for whole admission procedure & learning activities.
- To coordinate the activities among study centres & university, individual zonal centres also have been founded. These zonal centres act as a link between the two.
- After attaining the application form at the desired study centre, authorities would issue the acknowledgement card to the student & the Zonal centres will send the documents after scrutiny to the Admission wing of the university. The university would first confirm the information provided by the student & would issue the ID card.
- If a student has not opted for any study centre then the university would allow the nearest location to you according to your address.
- Statement of marks would be sent to all of you whatever you have scored in the written test & provisional certificate would be sent to the successful candidates of the test.
- You can also claim for re-totaling & re-evaluation of the test provided they need to pay the required amount of fee within 21 days of the declaration of result through challan or DD.
|Re-evaluation:||INR 400 per course/paper|
|Re-totaling:||INR 100 per course/paper|
|Photo Copy:||INR 250 per course/paper|