We are glad to say that the official announcement regarding VIT University B.Tech Admission 2018 is released. Here in this article, you would get complete details about VIT University B.Tech Admission 2018 such as its exam dates, admission procedure, eligibility criteria and other important notifications.
Admission announcement for B.Tech course in a number of streams has been unveiled by VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) through VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam) 2016. You can apply for a total of 16 streams which are available at Vellore and 5 which are available at Chennai campus. The test would be held in online and offline different sections of 2 and a half hour each. You would be able to obtain admission in the below-mentioned departments:
- School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- School of Bio Science & Technology(SBST)
- School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- School of Computer Engineering (SCOPE)
- School of Mechanical & Building Sciences (SMBS)
- School of Information Technology & Engineering (SITE)
VIT 2018 Notification
Counselling will start from Second week of May 2018through offline mode.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Phase-2 Day-2 Status has been released.
VIT University B.Tech Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Registration Begins||27th Nov 2016|
|Registration Ends||01st Mar 2017|
|Exam||06th – 17th Apr 2017|
|Result||29th Apr 2017|
VIT University B.Tech Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Energy Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Automotive Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Mechanical Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Mechanical with specialisation in Chemical Process Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Offered at Chennai campus also)
Duration: 4 years
A minimum of 60% marks in total in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry are required.
Course Name: Bachelor of Technology
- Bio-Medical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Those of you who have studied only PCB in class 12th level would be eligible provided they have to complete Mathematics bridge course after joining this course.
Those of you who are appearing for VITTEEE 2016 need to have finished or about to appear in any one of these qualifying exams:
- Class 12th examination of higher secondary level through any of the state board, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) or the council for Indian school certificate examination (ICSE).
- 2-year pre-university exam organised by a recognised board.
- HSC examination organised by Cambridge university or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the Internation Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Those of you who have complete GCE (General Certificate Education) examination of advance (A) level at London, Srilanka or Cambridge.
Those of you who are eligible and whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1994. An age limit would be cross checked through your class 10th certificate for authentication purpose.
How to Apply for VIT University B.Tech Admission 2017?
VITEEE application form would be issued in 4 different ways:
- Online mode: You need to visit the official website of VIT University. Register yourself and you would receive a password on your email id. Now you need to log in again with the new password and fill all the necessary details. A new registration number would be generated. Pay the application fee of Rs 960 through net banking/ debit or credit card.
After making the payment, you need to upload your scanned photograph (3.5 cm to 4.5 cm) & signature (6 cm to 2 cm) in jpg/jpeg format. You do not need to send any document to the university.
- In person: You need to obtain the prospectus physically from any campus of the university by handing over the Demand Draft of Rs 960 in favor of “VIT university” payable at Vellore.
- Offline mode: You can obtain the application form and prospectus through different post offices which are situated all over India by paying Rs 990 in cash. Fill up the form using a Black ball point pen & shade the bubbles through the pencil. Attach the recent colour photograph. Write down the valid email ID and correct test centre. Also, fill up the details regarding hostel accommodation if required. After filling up the computerised OMR sheet properly, write the mailing address clearly on the self-addressed envelope and send it by registered post to the university before the last date.
- Through Post: You can also attain the application form through post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs 990 in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore with a covering letter mentioned for “The Director UG-admissions” VIT University Vellore- 632014 requesting for the application form. You need to mention you are proper correspondence address in the covering letter. After obtaining the receipt of DD application form would be sent by the university to the given address.
Admission Process of VIT University B.Tech Admission 2017
A score of VITEEE 2016 is the only criteria in order to secure admission in VIT University. After allotment & confirmation of seat, you need to make an advance payment of Rs 50000/- by Demand Draft in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore which consists of Rs 10000 as counselling fee. Counselling would be held at Vellore & Chennai campus both for all B.Tech courses.
After the final confirmation, grades & rank no. retotaling & regarding would be performed.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- Class Xth certificate in support of Date of Birth
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination
- Rank card, Admit card & Counselling letter of VITEEE 2016
- Community & Domicile certificate, if applicable
- Demand Draft of INR 50, 000 in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore.
Documents required to be submitted at the time of final admission:
- Marks sheet
- Provisional Admission letter
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate
- Recent passport size photographs
- Certificate regarding physical fitness
- Certificate regarding code of conduct
- Affidavit signed by Student & parents on INR 20 stamp papers
- Two set of photocopies of original documents