Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) conducts a university level exam for admission into MBBS program. JIPMER will be conducting their 2017 counselling through offline mode. In this article, we will give you all the complete information about JIPMER 2017 counselling.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Counselling – Events
- Biometric fingerprint verification
- Image or photo verification
- Certificate verification
- Candidate will be selected for either JIPMER Puducherry or JIPMER Karaikal.
- If the candidate gets selected, payment of admission fee must be done on the same day of counselling.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Counselling – Detailed Information
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Counselling will begin 27th June 2017 through offline mode. From 27th June of 2017 to 30th June of 2017 the first schedule of counselling will be conducted. After the merit list got released only the counselling will be conducted. Candidates who got selected it counselling will get admission for their desired medical seat either in JIPMER, Karaikal or JIPMER, Puducherry campus. A number of candidates will be called for the counselling procedure. Candidates will be notified about counselling through the official web page. On the basis of the merit list, the seats will be allotted to the candidates.
The counselling will be conducted in four rounds. The rounds will be first, second, third, and open round counselling. Candidates must report to the allotted college and join their classes within the given time. Candidates need to be present physically with their parents/ guardians in the counselling process with the original documents.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Counselling Schedule
Date of Counselling
OPH & P-OPH (Medical Examination)
27th June of 2017
28th June of 2017
29th June of 2017
30th June of 2017
Order of category
Date of Counselling
Counselling for vacant seats
19th July of 2017
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Admission Procedure
The counselling procedure will be like following. Candidates need to go through a biometric fingerprint and image verification before the counselling. Candidates will not be permitted to attend the counselling process if there is a mismatch in the biometric fingerprint and image verification.
There will be no allocation of marks for the counselling. Candidate’s admission will not be finalised unless candidates will not produce all the original documents. After the document verification and biometric data, the candidate will get provisional admission letter. Candidates found medically fit by the JIPMER Medical Board and subsequently admitted to the MBBS programme.
If the candidate got selected, he/she must submit the course fees in cash on the same day itself. If candidates fail to attend the counselling/medical examination on the given date will forfeit their claim for admission.
Documents Required at the Time of Counselling
Candidates must bring the following documents (in originals with attested photocopies) at the time of JIPMER Counselling 2017:
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or 10th Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In the case of OBC/ SC/ ST, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backwards Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In the case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently were taken.
We hope all the given information about JIPMER MBBS 2017 Second Counselling will help on the time of JIPMER MBBs 2017 Counselling.
Best of luck!