The Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam will be conducted in the 2nd week of May 2017. The application process for this exam will begin in the first week of February 2017. This exam is conducted by the UPSC i.e. the Union Public Service Commission. The exam is organized to form the basis of recruitment for the posts of Group A of Geologist, geophysicist and chemist for the geological survey of India and Junior Hydrologist in the central group water board. Read all the details about the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam, its eligibility norms, application form, exam pattern, admit card, result etc. from the content below.
Latest News on Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist exam 2017:-
- February 9, 2017 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the Indian Economic Service & Indian Statistical Service Examination 2017. Totally 44 vacancies offered for the candidates to apply for Junior Time Scale of the Services.
- February 8, 2017 – Notification for Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist is out now on the official website. Candidates are requested to apply before 3rd March 2017 prior 6pm.
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of the exam are some of the specific norms and rules of the exam that are laid down by the exam authorities. Based on the fact that the candidates satisfy these conditions, their eligibility is determined. This must be ensured by all the candidates that they satisfy these rules if they want to participate in the recruitment process. The eligibility conditions for the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam have been stated as follows.
- The candidates must have passed the master’s degree qualification in Applied geology/geology or math geology from a recognised university.
- Candidates must be holding a diploma degree of associateship in applied geology of ISM i.e. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- Candidates must be having a master’s degree in mineral exploration from a recognised university.
- Candidates must be having a master’s degree in hydrogeology from a university which is recognized.
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Application Form
For taking part in the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam, the candidates will have to fill and submit the application form for this exam. The online application form is to be filled online only. The instructions to apply for this exam and the link have also been mentioned below.
The Application form will be available on: www.upsc.nic.in
- Candidates must fill the complete application form with all the valid details as asked in the exam.
- After filling the application form, candidates must carry out the uploading of scanned documents. They will have to upload the scanned copies of photograph and signature in the specified formats.
- Candidates must then make the payment of exam fee using the online mode such as debit/credit or net banking facility of SBI. Candidates can also make the payment by the offline mode through depositing the fee in cash at the SBI bank. The application fee is given below.
Application fee for general category candidates: Rs.200
Application fee for reserved/female candidates: Nil
- Now the candidates can submit the application form to complete the process.
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam – Exam Pattern
By the exam pattern, we mean the basic details of the question paper. These reflect the internal details of the paper pattern such as the questions types and marks of the paper. These are important details and must be known by the candidates before they start preparing for their exam. the exam pattern for the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam has been given below.
- There are 5 papers for the written exam, the names of which are given as follows:
- General English
- Geology paper-1
- Geology paper-2
- Geology paper-3
- The total marks for the general English paper are 100 marks and for all other 4 papers are 200 marks.
- The time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- For the candidates who will be appearing for the category-1 exam, they will have to attempt all the 5 papers.
- For the candidates who will be appearing for the category-2 exam, they will have to attempt only the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th paper.
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam will also be released on the official website. The candidates will be able to obtain the admit card as soon as it is available. The final date of release of admit card is not out yet, but it will soon be announced by the authorities. Candidates must note that they carry the admit card to the exam hall essentially. Otherwise, they shall not be allowed in the exam hall.
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Important Dates
|Release of the Notification and the Online Application Form||8th February 2017|
|End date of the Online Application Form||3rd March 2017|
|Date of the Final exam||12th May 2017|
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam Result
The result for the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam will also be released after a few days of the exam. The result will also be uploaded on the official site for checking. At the time of result, a cut-off score will be declared. Based on this cut-off score, the result of the candidates will be decided. The date of result is also not specified yet but it will soon be available here.
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2017 Exam –
Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016 Exam – The Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016 Exam will he held on the 13 May 2016. Find additional details about the Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016 Exam on this page.