You must have heard of the Bihar common entrance test or Bihar CET 2017 that is arranged every year by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board for all the qualified applicants who want to take admission to various Engineering and medical colleges in the state of Bihar. One who has completed their 10+2 exam is eligible to write in Bihar CET. All the qualified candidates of entrance exam will be eligible to take admissions in various courses in engineering and medical colleges. The board is constituted under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995. Lets commence by summarizing the exam.
|Bihar CET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Commonly known as||BCECE|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
Bihar CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You should always check the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Applicants wanting to apply for Bihar CET 2017 must be Indian citizens.
- Contenders must pass their 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized boards.
- Candidate need have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics as essential subjects in their class XI and Class XII.
- Applicants appearing for the Class XII qualifying final exam can also apply for the Bihar CET 2017.
- There are no age limitations for the engineering applicants.
Bihar CET 2017 Application Form
- You are required to register online by visiting the approved website ‘’www.bceceboard.com’’.
- You have to pay application fees in cash through SBI challan downloaded from the site at any branch of SBI.
- You need to send the print copy of filled in online application form along with the requisite documents to the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
- You have to pay the required Bihar CET Application fees, which is Rs 780 for General candidates: and special groups like SC/ ST candidates it is Rs 415.
Bihar CET 2017 Exam Pattern
The Bihar CET 2017 comprises of two stages.
Stage – I
- It consists of multiple choice questions spread over four sections : Physics, Chemistry, Math’s and Biology.
- Physics and Chemistry are essential subjects.
- Exam duration is 2 hours and 15 minutes only.
- 4 marks are given for each correct answer, and ‘-1’ deducted for an incorrect answer. This exam takes place in a span of one hour and 30 minutes only.
Stage – II
If you get a good score at the level 1 of the exam and succeed, you are certified to appear in the level 2 of the examination.
The second stage of examination also consists of Physics, chemistry, mathematics/ biology subjects. Each topic consists of 100 questions and each paper will be conducted for duration of 01 hour 30 minutes.
Do make a note that the BCECE entrance examination has the syllabus from the all subjects Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and questions from the intermediate subject standards so good knowledge on these subjects tend to benefit.
Bihar CET 2017 Exam Dates
|Online Registration begins by||14 February 2017|
|Online Registration closes by||06 March 2017|
|Last date for fees payment via challan (offline mode)||09 March 2017|
|Last date for fees payment via online mode||09 March 2017|
|Online editing of the application forms done from||10-12 March 2017|
|Last date for receiving of confirmation page and enclosed documents through registered/speed post||20 March 2017|
|Online Admit Card (1st Stage) issue date||Available|
|Exam Date for First Stage||16 April 17|
|Bihar CET 2017 Result Declaration – Stage 1||Not Yet Announced|
|Online Admit Card (2nd Stage) Issue Date||2nd week of May 17|
|Exam Date for Second Stage||14 May 17|
|Stage 2 Result Declaration||On or before 5 June 2017|
|Counselling Bihar CET 2017||Last week July 17|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.
List of Engineering Entrance Exam in India