The Assam Police Recruitment Exam is conducted each year by the Assam Police Department. The exam is organized to fill in the available seats of several police posts. These police posts contain constable, head constable, ASI, home guard posts etc. A number of candidates appear for the exam each year in order to get their wanted post. Though, the Assam police department ensures that only the best candidates would be employed through their recruitment procedure to maintain proper law and order in the state. The Assam Police recruitment process comprises stages such as physical examination, written test, personal interview.
Before applying for the examination, you need to meet the eligibility criteria. Assam Police Eligibility Criteria varies for each different post.
Assam Police constable recruitment 2016
- Candidate should fall inside the age group of 18-25 in order to be qualified. Further age relaxation would be given according to the rules.
- Relaxation of up to 5 years would be given to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe candidates, while relaxation of 3 years would be given to Home Guards, who have been serving for three or more years.
- Candidates need to have completed their 10th grade from a well-known board or equal.
- For males, chest size 81 cm and 168 cm height.
- For females, chest size 86 cm and 152 cm height.
To fully get accepted as a constable, you need to go through Physical Standard Test, extra curriculum activities; Competitive Written Exam and Physical Efficiency Test. Chosen candidates would go through a training of 1 year or more.
Assam Police Head Constable Recruitment 2016
Assam Police Head Constable Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- The age of the candidate must fall within 18 to 25. Age relaxation would be given based on the rules of the government.
- Applicants need to have cleared their 10th Grade examination from a documented board, or completed their degree from a reputed university/board or equivalent.
- For males, 170 cm height and chest size 81-85 cm.
- For females, 157 cm height.
To get employed into the Head constable post, one need to clear all the phases of the examination, which are PST, Medical examination, written, interview PET.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2016
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates in the age group of 20-25 are qualified for applying, and additional age relaxation would be given according to the rules set by government.
- 5 years of relaxation of age limit would be given to Schedule Tribe and Schedule Caste candidates, and 3 years relaxation to Other Backward Class applicants.
- The candidate applying for the post must belong to Indian nationality. A person from Nepal or Bhutan is also qualified to apply for the post.
- Candidates need to have secured their HSC from a documented board.
In order to get accepted as Sub inspector (SI), you need to go through physical examination, written examination and an interview.
Assam Police ASI Recruitment 2016
Assam Police ASI Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant’s age should fall within the age group of 20 to 25. A relaxation depends on the rules set up by the government.
- Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe candidates would have their age limit relaxed by up to 5 years, and Other Backward Class applicants would have it relaxed by 3 years.
- Only people of Indian, Bhutan and Nepal nationality are qualified to apply for the exam.
- Applicants must have cleared their degree from a well-known university or equivalent.
- For males, 168 cm height and chest size 80 cm without expansion and 85 cm with expansion.
- For females, 157 cm height and no precise chest size necessary.
The written exam for Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) of Police is done in 2 phases. Afterwards, Medical Examination, Physical Endurance Test and Interview are conducted for the selection of the post.
Assam Police Home Guard Recruitment 2016
Assam Police Home Guard Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should be of age 18 to 38. Relaxation would be given as per the rules of the governments.
- ST and SC candidates would receive five years of relaxation, while OBC candidates would receive three years of relaxation.
- Candidates need to have done 10th Grade from a known board or equivalent, or must have gained their HSC.
To get selected for the post of Home guard, you need to pass a personal interview and written examination.
Assam Police application form 2016
To apply for the exam, candidates need to go onto the official website of the Assam Police Department, and search for the Assam police applications. After choosing the suitable application form for the post the applicants desire to apply for, the applicant needs to fill it. The application form must be filled correctly without performing any types of errors. Incomplete or incorrectly filled forms are subjected to rejection. The candidate must fill in all the information with care and he/she can also be needed to affix passport sized photo. After filling the application form, recheck it thoroughly, and then submit it.
After submitting the application form, you would get a unique ID number and slip, which can be printed by the applicant. The slip would also be emailed to your filled in email address.
Assam police hall ticket 2016
If an applicant is qualified and has submitted the application form, along with the fee in time, they would get an Admit card. This admit card is their ticket to the exam hall, which they must carry all the time. It would contain important information such as the applicant’s detail, time and date of the examination, venue of the examination etc. This Admit card is an important piece of document from exam point of view, and should be kept with care. The applicant is advised to carry it at all the phases of the exam. Moreover, the Assam Police admit card is not re-issuable, which means that once the download link for the official website has expired, it would not be available to download.
The venue, physical test, date and time of the written examination is declared the same time as the Admit card. In order to choose the best applicants out of the lot, the Assam police departments check a number of things. The candidate is given marks for each accomplishment he has secured. The final marking schema is based on the extra curriculum activity, written examination, physical test is given below:
Extra-curricular activities and special skills (Max marks 15)
- Home Guard/NCC/Sports: 5 marks maximum.
- Education Qualification: 5 marks maximum.
- Technical Qualification or Diploma from ITI/Polytechnic or any equivalent institute, or in Computer Application from a documented university/institute: 5 marks maximum.
Assam Police Final Result 2016
- Marks gained in PET: 60 Marks max.
- MCQs Written Examination: 25 Marks max.
- Extra-Curricular Activities and Special Skills: 15 Marks max.
Written Examination +PET + Extra Curricular Activities and Special Skills = 100 Marks total.
Medical Examination Phase
The candidate should not be suffering from any kind of diseases, such as piles, Diabetes etc. Furthermore, the applicant must not have any physical deformities, and need to be in good physical and mental health. The candidate must also hold good vision in order to get designated for any post.
Assam Police Syllabus for Examination
The syllabus for the examination would be posted on the website of the Assam Police department. All information and changes concerning the exam can be found on the official website. For preparation purposes, a person can go through to past year questions paper or several sample papers.
The exam is a great opportunity for eligible and eager candidates. They can get their wanted seat if they are fully applicable for it. It can help them gain a high chance in obtaining their future, and let them have a respectable job inside police. The patriotic candidates can eagerly serve their country and state by applying for police.