Table of Content
Symbiosis SET 2017 Exam Preparation Tips – Symbiosis SET Exam Preparation TipsSymbiosis is one of the prominent institutes in India. Getting admission into the institute is a dream of many students, so they need to take the entrance exam for having their dream. Symbiosis offer courses like Management, Law, Design, IT and computer application and Medical technology programs etc. The entrance exam is conducted in national level and around 17 test centres will be provided for the candidates.
Structure of Symbiosis Entrance Test
The exam is of objective type with multiple choices. There is a negative marking system for each wrong answer so the students should carefully mark the answer from the four options. There are totally 150 questions and the students are asked to complete the test within two and half hours. The five areas of the question are
- General awareness
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
Syllabus of Symbiosis 2017 Entrance Test
There is no proper syllabus for the exam. The students should practice the questions from the above domains.
Topics to focus on:
Out of 150 questions English carries 25 questions and the students can practice certain areas like
- Reading Comprehension
- Dictionary meaning of different words
- Correct grammar usage and their rules etc.
It also carries 25 questions and the areas need attention are
This section carries out 60 questions and students should know the current issues and events in
- Legal Area etc.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
This section carries 40 questions and the areas covering are
- Coding and decoding
- Data interpretation
- Definitely true or false statements
- Probably true or false statements etc.
Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips
- Make clear in your mind that you scan through your notes a day before exam.
- Never read a new topic on exam day.
- Be positive and stress-free.
- Sleep well the night before the exam.
- Reach your destination early with at least two forms of identification.
- Make sure that you have pen, pencil, eraser and other stationery required.
- Trust your preparation and give your best.
- Don’t get fear for tough questions.
- Spend the first three minutes scanning through the complete paper.
Reference Books for Symbiosis Entrance Test
Some books which can be referred to are
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Agarwal
- Mental Aptitude by Subhkamna Publications
- Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning’ by Arun Sharma
- NCERT of 9th to 12th standard
- Study Plan for Symbiosis Entrance Test
Hope these tips helped..happy exams!