SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper – 1 will be conducted soon under the authority of SSC. All the candidates who are appearing for this examination must be aware of the examination pattern, syllabus & the marking scheme in order to clear this test. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 along with PET/PST & Medical test will be eligible for Paper-2.
SSC SI CAPF Selection Procedure 2017
The selection procedure is divided into 3 steps.
- Paper-1: Written test(objective types of200 marks).
- Paper-2: Physical Endurance Test (PET), PST and Medical Test.
- Paper-3: Written test(objective types of 200 marks).
SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper 1 Exam Pattern
- Paper-1 will be divided into 4 parts named as
- General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- English Comprehension.
- Total question paper includes of 200 marks which include objective types of questions also include in Hindi(part a, b & c).
- Each part includes 50 questions of 50 marks.
- Duration of the question paper-2hrs.
- There will be a negative marking .0.25marks will be deducted for every wrong answer & there will be no negative marking for unanswered questions.
Physical Entrance Test /Physical Standards Test for all Posts
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
Here we have included the PET/ PST test details. Candidates can get an idea about PST/ PET at a glance by looking at this table.
For Male Candidates
For Female Candidates
|100 Meters Race: 16 seconds||100 Meters Race: 18 seconds|
|1.6 KMS Race: 6.5 minutes||800 Meters Race: 4 minutes|
|Long Jump: 3.65 Meters in 3 chances||Long Jump: 2.7 Meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 1.2 Meters in 3 chances||High Jump: 0.9 Meters in 3 chances|
|Shot Put (16 lbs): 4.5 Meters in 3 chances||—|
Medical Test for all posts
- Eye Sight- Without wearing specs the distant vision should be 6/9 and the minimum distant vision must be 6/6.
- Candidate should not have a flat foot, Knock Knee varicose vein or squint in eyes and must possess high colour vision.
- Candidates should be in a good mental condition and free from any physical defect.
SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- Paper- 2 is all about English Language & Comprehension
- Duration of the question paper is of 2hrs which consists of 200 questions(objective types) of 200 marks
- 25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer and there is no negative marking for unanswered questions
- Question paper is set up in English only
SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper 1 Exam Syllabus
SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper 1 exam will be included with 4 parts. Here we have listed all those four parts and the syllabus included in each part. Candidates can take a look at this.
Part A – General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 Questions)
Questions are related to verbal and noun- verbal type. This section may include questions on similarities and differences, analogies space visualisation, problem-solving, analysis, observation judgment, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, decision making, visual memory, spatial orientation discrimination, relationship concepts, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Figural Analogy, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Classification, and Symbolic/Number 9 Classification, Semantic Series, Figural Classification, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, trends, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Punched hole/pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, critical thinking, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
Part B – General Awareness (50 Questions)
Basically, this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will be designed to judge the candidate knowledge about current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test also includes questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially related to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, scientific Research General Polity, Indian Constitution, etc.
Part C – Quantitative Aptitude (50 Questions)
The questions will be designed to judge the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. Basically the scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, Interest and relationships between numbers, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Percentage, Averages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Part D – English Comprehension (50 Questions)
Candidate’s ability to understand correct English, his/her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper-2 Exam Syllabus
SSC SI CAPF 2017 Paper 2 exam will be containing only 1 part. Here we have provided details about that part and the syllabus included in the same. Candidates can take a look at this.
English Language & Comprehension (200 Questions)
Basically, this paper is designed just to judge the candidate knowledge & understanding of English language, using appropriate grammar, vocabulary, spellings, phrases, words, fill in the blanks, error recognition, articles, prepositions verbs, sentence structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
We hope that all the information given on this page about SSC SI CAPF 2017 Exam pattern and syllabus will help you as you needed. Stay in touch with us for more information on SSC SI CAPF 2017 as well as more other institutional and UPSC Exams.
Best of luck!