SRM University conducts Sonepat Haryana Common Law Entrance Examination. The examination is well known as SRMHCLAT. The SRM University is located in Haryana. SRMHCLAT is an entrance test for law students. Qualifying candidates can take admission into integrated law courses. The university offers various law courses like BA LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), and BCom LLB (Hons), LLM. For the candidates’ convenience, we are providing various important details on SRMHCLAT 2018 exam.
Courses offered for students for seeking admissions in SRM Law Department-
- A. L.L.B (Hons)
- B.A L.L.B. (Hons)
- L.M (Master of Law)
- L.B (Bachelor of Law) (Hons)
- Com L.L.B (Hons)
Candidates can apply for SRMHCLAT 2018 in online mode. Candidates can also apply in offline mode. The officials release application form on their official website for the convenience of the candidates. So candidates can download their Application form from the official website. Officials will release the application form on their official website.
Candidates need to register themselves on the official website. They must provide their email ID for online registration. They must create a user id and password. After the process, they must log in to their account. Candidates must now fill the application form. They must enter all the required personal and educational details. Candidates must enter all the details accurately. Improper or incomplete form will get rejected. The candidates must now upload scanned copies of the required documents. They must also upload their photograph and signature. The attachments must not exceed the required size. They must upload the scanned photos in JPEG format. Candidates should pay their application fee to get registered. For all category students, the application fee is Rs 1060. The candidates must take a printout of their application form after submission. They must preserve it for future reference.
For candidates applying in offline mode, they can purchase their application form. Candidates must purchase their application form against the payment of their application fee. Candidates must draw a demand draft of Rs. 1060. The candidates must draw the demand draft (DD) in favour of ‘SRMERI.’ The demand draft (DD) will be payable at New Delhi. Candidates can purchase their application any SRMHCLAT Sale centers. City Union Bank Ltd, New Delhi Branches, SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat, Regional Office, and SRM University are the sale centres.
Candidates having good score in National examination like LSAT India, CLAT, AILET, and DU Law Faculty Entrance Exam are eligible to apply for the admissions based on their ranking exempting for appearing and qualifying in the entrance exam of SRMHCLAT.
SRMHCLAT 2018 – An Overview
Students can access the official website of the Institute, www.srmuniversity.ac.in for latest updates. The official dates and all the details can be gained from the website.
|Exam Name||Sonepat Haryana Common Law Entrance Examination|
|Exam level||State level|
|Conducted by||SRM University|
|Exam category||Under-Graduation and Post-graduation Exam|
SRMHCLAT 2018 Exam date-
The official notification for the entire procedure of the examination is yet to be released by the SRM University, but the University has released some tentative dates regarding the examination for the candidates to have a general idea are given below. The official website of the SRM University is www.srmuniversity.ac.in
|Application form availability for SRMHCLAT 2018||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date for application submission||30th March 2018|
|Slot booking last date for the exam||26th March 2018|
|Admit card release date for students download||15th April 2018|
|Exam date SRMHCLAT 2018||24th April 2018|
|Results date release for students||4th May 2018|
|Counseling process begins||Month of June 2018|
SRMHCLAT Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria-
Examination Authority lays down certain eligibility criteria. Candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria before applying. Non-eligible candidates will not be registered for the examination. So candidates must go through the eligibility criteria mentioned here.
Residential Criteria– There is no such limitation for applying candidates for being a resident of the Haryana state.
Educational Qualification– Candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria laid by the university. Any candidate failing to fulfil the criteria will not be eligible for the exam. Applicants must complete their 10+2 examinations. Candidates must score at least 50% marks in their 10+2 examinations. Candidates appearing in their qualifying exam can also apply. There are some restrictions on the applications of such candidates. The candidates must provide all their certificates at the time of admission. Candidates must satisfy all the requirements, or else their candidature will be cancelled.
Candidates must bag a good score in SRMHCLAT exam to be considered in the qualified students list. However, the University has also decided to consider scores of some National Level entrance Exam of Law bagged by the candidates. Scores obtained in-
- CLAT– The scores in CLAT exam must be at least in the range of 100 marks or above.
- LSAT INDIA/LSAT– The scores must be at least 65 or above.
SRMHCLAT 2018 Application form-
The application form is available in both online and offline modes from the official website. The candidates have to read all the instructions carefully before applying for the examination.
- The candidates have to first visit the official website of SRM University and search for the Application link of SRMHCLAT 2018.
- Now they have to first select the modes through which they wish to fill their Applications, from online or offline mode.
- The candidates, who have selected the offline mode, need to first download the Application. They are required to fill the entire form in their own hand-writing and have to submit the same. The candidates who have selected the online mode, has to fill all the details in the online mode itself in the website.
- The details asked in the Application have to be filled with all the correct information. Details regarding the academics, including the mark of 10th & 12th standard, also of Graduation degree has to be entered, and some personal information, contact details, parents’ information, have to be entered by every aspirant. A statement of purpose is also required with the Application, is regarding why the aspirant seek for an admission in the SRM Law department.
- Candidates have to attach the mark sheets and passing certificates of 10th, 12th and Graduation degree with the Application and for online filling, this document has to be uploaded in the form of scanned image. Every candidate has to upload their scanned images of passport photograph along with their signatures. The size of all the document uploading must be in the limit of 2 MB. For offline process, 2 recent passport sized photograph have to be sent with the Application.
Candidates must purchase their application form against the payment of their application fee. Candidates must draw a demand draft of Rs. 1060. The candidates must draw the demand draft (DD) in favour of ‘SRMERI’. The demand draft (DD) will be payable at New Delhi. Candidates can purchase their application any SRMHCLAT Sale centers. City Union Bank Ltd, New Delhi Branches, SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat, Regional Office, and SRM University are the sale centres.
SRMHCLAT 2018 Exam pattern-
The SRMHCLAT exam 2018 will be conducted in both offline and online mode, in paper and pen based and computer-based exam.
|Total Time Given to Finish the Exam||2 hours|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 mark for each correct response
No negative marking
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus||English language, general knowledge, Reasoning, Legal aptitude, Mathematics|
|Locations and Exam Centres||Tentatively 95 cities in India|
SRMHCLAT 2018 Reservation of Seats:
The admission Council of the SRM University has made some reservations for admissions based on the respective categories of candidates. The details are mentioned in the table below. Provided that the admissions will be based on the performance in the entrance, the seats will be allotted as per the reservations.
|Students residing in the State of Haryana||25 percent|
|General Category students||45 percent|
|Scheduled Caste (SC and ST)||15 percent|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||15 percent|
SRMHCLAT 2018 Admit card-
Admit cards are the hall tickets for the candidates. Candidates should carry their admit cards in the exam hall. The admit card contains candidates name, examination center, examination timing, etc. the candidates must collect their admit cards from the official website. Candidates can download their admit cards ten days before the exam.
Candidates must download their admit cards. After downloading it, positively take a printout of the same. Candidate should carry this hard copy of their admit card to the examination hall. Candidates must verify their admit cards. In case of any discrepancies, candidates must contact the authority.
SRMHCLAT 2018 Syllabus-
English- Reading comprehension and unseen passages, Grammar, Vocabulary, Proverbs, Synonyms, Vocabulary, Antonyms, and Spellings have been included in the syllabus.
General Awareness- Indian & World History, Indian National movement, Contemporary India, National, Regional, International Political, Economic Perspective Issues, Environment, Indian Culture, Legal System, Constitutional Principles & Practices, Science & Technology, International Organisations, Treaties,
Legal terms– Indian Constitution, its structure, sections, and schedules, Contracts and Constitutional Law, Torts, Vicarious Liability, Contracts and Constitutional Law, IPC and the CrPC, Strict Liability, Law of Crimes, International Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Legal Awareness covering Constitutional law.
Aptitude- Blood Relations, Series, Directions, Critical Reasoning, Syllogism, Analogy Logical/Mathematical Analysis, Deductive Reasoning, Algebra, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Odd-Even Discretion, Logical Fallacy, Agreement and Disagreement.
Mathematics – Algebra, Probability, Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus, Integration and Differentiation, Relation and functions, Matrices and determinants, Inverse Trigonometric functions, Continuity and differentiability, Applications of derivatives, Vectors and 3-D Geometry, Linear Programming, Sequences and series, and Permutation and Combinations.
SRMHCLAT 2018 Results-
The SRMHCLAT results will be available both in online and offline mode. Candidates can visit the website of SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat, Haryana (SRMH) to check their result. Else, the candidates can even check their result on the notice board of the university.
SRMHCLAT 2018 Counseling-
- Counseling process after the results gets declared. The candidates will make shortlisted on the basis of their scores in SRMHCLAT scores.
- The candidates will have to bring to bring their original documents for Document Verification process after which the seats are allotted.
- The process for downloading is-
- From the official website, open that invitation link by the University.
- Enter your user Id and password before clicking on the invitation link.
- You will be provided with a link to download it.
- The candidates have to be present at the date and time which will be given to them along with a counseling venue along with the documents.
- The documents required are given below-
- Mark sheets and passing certificates of 10th and 10+2 exam. Graduation degree mark sheets and certificate for Post-Graduation admissions.
- Transfer certificate, Migration certificate, Residential proof, Parent’s details, and Category certificate (in case for SC/ST/OBC).
- Admit card and Score-card of SRMHCLAT 2018. Counseling letter.
- 2 recent coloured passport photographs.
- 2 self-attested copies of all the documents.