SRMHCAT stands for SRM Haryana Common Management Entrance Examination. SRM University, Haryana conducts this exam on state level every year. It takes admission of candidates into various commerce and Management courses. It takes admission both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Courses offered by the SRM University through SRMHCAT-
- MBA (Integrated/Regular program)
- Tech- Bachelor of Technology
- Com- Bachelor of Commerce
- LIS- Bachelor of Library Science
- LIS- Master of Library Science
- A.- Master of Arts in English
- Tech- Master of Technology.
Specializations in the field of MBA programs are follows-
- MBA (Masters in Business Management)
- Executive MBA course also available
- PGDM (Post-graduation Diploma in Management)
- MBA General
- MBA International
- MBA Pharmaceutical Management
- MBA Agri-Business Management
- Digital MBA and e-Entrepreneurship
- Masters in Accounting
- Masters in Digital Marketing.
The SRM University accepts an online application from candidates. So candidates must visit the official website to fill the application form. The university will open the registration process from April 2018. The registration window will remain until May 2018. Candidates can register for the given dates. Candidates need to register them on the website. The candidate should register them as a new user. After registering the candidates will receive a login password. Candidates must login to their account using it. The candidates can now fill the application form. The candidates must fill the application form with all the required details. They must fill up all the mandatory fields. Incomplete forms will get rejected.
Candidates must enter their authentic details. Falsely furnished application forms will also get rejected. Candidates must know upload that scanned photograph and signature. The attachments must not exceed the prescribed size. Candidates must upload there photograph and signature in the required format. The candidates must not take a print out after computer-generated acknowledgment slip. They must preserve the slip for future reference. Candidates must pay their application fee.
The candidates can also obtain the Application form from the university counter. They must purchase the application form for Rs 1060. They can also pay the application fee through demand draft. Candidates must draw the demand draft in favour of SRMERI. The demand draft must be payable at New Delhi.
SRMHCAT 2018 – An Overview
Students can access the official website of the Institute, http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/ for latest updates. The official dates and all the details can be gained from the website.
|Exam Name||SRM Haryana Common Management Entrance Examination|
|Exam level||State level|
|Conducted by||SRM University|
|Exam category||Post-graduation Exam|
SRMHCAT 2018 Exam date-
The official notification for the entire procedure of the examination is yet to be released by the SRM University, but the University has released some tentative dates regarding the examination for the candidates to have a general idea are given below. The official website of the SRM University is http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/.
|Application form availability for SRMHCAT 2018||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date for application submission||30th March 2018|
|Slot booking last date for the exam||26th March 2018|
|Admit card release date for students download||15th April 2018|
|Exam date SRMHCAT 2018||24th April 2018|
|Results date release for students||4th May 2018|
|Counseling process begins||Month of June 2018|
SRMHCAT Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria-
Examination Authority lays down certain eligibility criteria. Candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria before applying. Non-eligible candidates will not be registered for the examination. So candidates must go through the eligibility criteria mentioned here.
Educational Qualification– Applicants applying for B.Tech & M.Tech programs must have passed their 10+2 standard examination with at least 50% marks as aggregate in subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must have passed from a recognized state or central board. Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination can also apply. In such condition, candidates have to provide all the required documents at the time of admission. The candidates must qualify the examination with 50% aggregate marks.
Candidate applying for MBA Programs must have passed their graduation degree examination in any discipline with minimum 50% marks. Candidates with good score in CAT, CMAT scores can apply for direct admission. Candidates qualifying in MAT, XAT, and SNAP can also apply for direct admission.
SRMHCAT 2018 Application form-
The application form is available in both online and offline modes from the official website. The candidates have to read all the instructions carefully before applying for the examination.
- Candidates who wish to apply for the exam need to fill the Application forms through online mode.
- There is no offline process available for the Application filling and submission.
- The Application should be completed in all aspects. It includes the filling and submission of the Application with correct information.
- Proper format and size should be followed. Photograph and signature should be strictly as per the size are given. The documents required with the form should be made ready before uploading the Application.
- Pay the Application fees of INR 950. By selecting your mode of payment- online or offline.
- Documents which are required for the application are as follows, a valid e-mail Id, personal details and educational details, 10th and 10+2 exam mark sheets and certificates, image of scanned photograph and signature.
- The photograph should not be more than 50 KB. The signature should not be more than 40 KB. Debit card or Credit card details and the Net-Banking details in the case for online payment. The offline payment can be done through Demand Draft in favour of SRM University, Haryana. The application can also be available by purchasing it with the desirable amount from the University centers or the campus of the University.
The fee of Rs 950 can be paid in both online and offline mode of payment. The online mode can be done with the help of debit card, credit card or net-banking and through offline modes it can be done via a Demand Draft made in the name of the University, “SRM University”, payable at Haryana.
SRMHCAT 2018 Exam pattern-
The SRMHCAT exam 2018 will be conducted in both offline and online mode, in paper and pen based and computer-based exam.
|Total Time Given to Finish the Exam||2 hours|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 mark for each correct response
No negative marking
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for B.Tech; Quantitative techniques, Logical reasoning, Language Comprehension and General awareness for MBA (Integrated/Regular), B.Com, M.A, M.Tech, B.LIS & M.LIS|
|Locations and Exam Centres||Tentatively 40 cities in India|
SRMHCAT 2018 Admit card-
The authority issues admit card to the candidates for the examination. The admit card from the details provided by the candidates. The candidates provide information during the registration process. The Examination Authority releases admit card in online mode. Candidates can visit the official website to download the admit cards. After downloading the candidates must take a printout of the same. Admit card hall tickets for the candidates. The candidates must carry their admit cards for the exam. The candidates failing to provide the admit cards cannot sit for the exam. The authority will require admit cards for admission process. The candidates must preserve their admit cards after the examination. Admit cards will be needed for the document verification. Candidates without admit cards will get there candidature canceled.
The admit card contains important identity proof like Candidate photograph, roll number, full name, contact details & exam center details, etc. Admit card is important for every candidate. To carry with themselves before entering the Exam hall. Failing to bring will discard the candidate to sit for the Exam.
SRMHCAT 2018 Syllabus-
Date Interpretation and Logical Reasoning- Tables, logical reasoning, assumption-premise-conclusion, critical reasoning, column graphs, data interpretation, cause and effects, pie charts, visual reasoning, statement and conclusions, matrix arrangements, Venn diagrams, bar graphs, and data sufficiency.
Verbal Ability- Reading comprehension, English usage, syllogisms, English grammar, punctuation, incorrect words, contextual completion, analogies, para jumble, replace the missing words, antonyms and synonyms, and fill in the blanks.
General Knowledge- Current affairs, business affairs, world records, awards and prizes, entertainment, brand punchline, business personalities, science, politics, automobiles, and sports.
English language- Vocabulary, reading Comprehension, questions based on Grammar, verbal reasoning, analogies, odd-one-out, sentence correction and completion, antonyms and Idioms.
Quantitative Aptitude – Percentage, probability, time and work, algebra, time, speed and distance, linear and quadratics equations, averages and partnerships, inequalities, logarithms, variations, profit and loss, ratio and proportions, tables and caselets, critical path, alligations and mixtures, surds and indices, mensuration, and geometry.
Mathematics – Algebra, Probability, Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus, Integration and Differentiation, Relation and functions, Matrices and determinants, Inverse Trigonometric functions, Continuity and differentiability, Applications of derivatives, Vectors and 3-D Geometry, Linear Programming, Sequences and series, and Permutation and Combinations.
Physics – Electrostatics, Electric Charges and fields, Capacitance, Current Electricity, Magnetic effects and Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction, Alternating current, Optics and waves, Radiation and Atomic nuclei, and Communication system.
Chemistry – Solid state of matter, Solutions, Electrochemistry and Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Isolations and Elements, Block elements, Coordination Compounds, Halo-alkanes and Halo-arenes, Alcohol, Phenols, and Ethers, Organic compounds, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday life.
SRMHCAT 2018 Results-
Candidates can check the results on the official website of SRM University. The Examination will declare the results in online mode. After downloading the result, candidates must take a printout of the same. Candidates qualifying for the examination will be called for document verification and admission. Candidates need to carry their class 10, and 12 mark sheet copies graduation mark sheets, birth certificate. They must also carry their SMRHCMAT 2018 scorecard and admit card, residence proof, photo ID, passport size photographs and admission fee challan will also be required.
SRMHCAT 2018 Counseling-
- Counseling process after the results gets declared. The candidates will make shortlisted on the basis of their scores in SRMHCAT scores.
- The candidates will have to bring to bring their original documents for Document Verification process after which the seats are allotted.
- The candidates have to be present at the date and time which will be given to them along with a counseling venue along with the documents.
- The documents required are- mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard, qualifying exam mark sheets, hall ticket and result copy of SRMHCAT 2018, original degree of graduation examination (if applicable), DD of the tuition fee paid of the University, eligibility certificate from SRM University, counseling call letter by SRM University, and work experience certificate.