SNAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Symbiosis International University conducts an entrance for admitting students in 13 participating institutes across India; it’s a National conducted written exam. Dictating authority of SNAP has laid down some basic norms that are expected to be fulfilled for being an “Eligible applicant”. The norms do differ from a general category student to that of reserved category; reserved category students are given some relaxation and they are clearly stated. Minimum expected marks from the students who are applying should be first of all a graduate (from any institute which is registered) & marks scored in graduate should 50% or above. Since students who have completed their graduation from fine arts; distance education or any other mode via internet / online learning are not eligible as a “recognized degree is must”.
SNAP also have certain norms in the context of the age of the candidate, degree holding and etc. they are specifically detailed and mentioned below in point format.
Detailed SNAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Those candidates who have completed their graduation via any recognized/ statutory University or Institute are considered as eligible to apply. Those programs that require the candidate to have a specific discipline/ subject specialization will be needed to be checked for the eligibility as its given via the respective institute.
- Those candidates who are graduates from any Foreign University will be required to obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as all the foreign degrees or qualifications do need the verification via the AIU prior to seeking admission into any program of the SIU
- The candidate who has the graduate degree should have obtained 50% marks in aggregate or more.
- Candidate graduate from BA, B Com etc should have passed under 10+2+3 and those under B Tech, B Pharm should have completed their bachelors under 10+2+4
- For reserved category students; 5% relaxation i. e. minimum 45% in the bachelor’s degree.
- Age criterion should be fulfilled, that the minimum age of graduate is 21 years so a candidate’s age should be 21 years for general category and some age relaxation for reserved category students (note no specific lower age limit is specified for reserved category students like 24,25 years)
- If a candidate belonging from reserved category students wish to avail the facility, will need to produce a valid document in support of their category.
Important Note: Conducting authority of SNAP hold the power to reject the application in case any of the details found by them is incorrect regarding the candidate.
We hope that all the information provided in this article about SNAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria will help you as you needed. Stay in touch with us for more information regarding the same as well as to get more information on other more institutional examinations.
Best of luck!