Table of Content
SCRA 2016 Exam has been conducted on 10th January 2016. The SCRA 2016 i.e. Special Class Railway Apprentice 2016 exam is organized by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is conducted for the recruitment in the mechanical department of the Indian Railways. The exam was conducted in the form of a written test and the result shall soon be announced for this exam. More details regarding the SCRA 2016 Exam, eligibility conditions, application form, exam pattern, result, admit card has been provided below.
SCRA 2016 Exam Summary
- Name of the Exam: SCRA 2016 Exam
- Full form: Special Class Railway Apprentice 2016
- Conducting authority: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
- Level of exam: National Level
- Mode of examination: Offline
SCRA 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions for any exam are meant to determine the fitness of the candidates for the posts or the exam. By this, we mean, some specific conditions and rules which are required to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to be eligible to take the exam. If any candidate is found violating the norms set up by the conducting authorities, then he/she shall be disqualified from the selection process without any notice. The eligibility conditions for the SCRA 2016 Exam have been stated as follows.
- The candidates must have passed the class 12 qualifying examination with a 1st or 2nd division from a recognized board of secondary education. The maths and physics/chemistry subjects must have been studied till class 12.
- The age of the aspirants must be between 17-21 years of age as seen on 1st January 2016.
- The candidates must be fit, both physically and mentally.
SCRA 2016 Application Form
If the candidates wish to take part in the recruitment process, then they need to fill and submit the application form. The application form has to be filled and submitted online only. However, the application procedure is now over. The applications must be submitted by only the eligible candidates. Some of the basic instructions for filling up the application form of the SCRA 2016 Exam have been given below.
- Candidates must visit the link given below to reach the official application page of this exam.
- On the page, the candidate must jump to the link named “SCRA 2016 Online Application”.
- On the application page, candidates must enter the required information and it must be correct by all means.
- Now, all the entered details shall appear on the screen. Candidates can click on the UPDATE button to edit any of the details. After thorough verification, candidates must click I AGREE.
- An acknowledgment of the completed application form receiving will be sent to the email ID entered in the application form details.
- Candidates must then take a printout of the completed application form.
- Now, the candidates must log in using the registration ID and date of birth.
- Candidates must upload the scanned copies of the documents such as photograph and signatures in the specified formats.
- Now the candidates must enter the payment details such as the transaction ID and other things if the fee was paid online.
- Finally, the candidates must submit the application.
The Application fee for general category candidates: Rs.100
The Application fee for SC/ST candidates: NIL
SCRA 2016 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of an exam specifies some of the basic details of the question paper and how the questions are set up in the paper. The exam pattern is something that must be familiar to all the candidates who will be taking the exam. The exam pattern for the SCRA 2016 Exam has been mentioned below.
- Total 3 papers will be set up in the exam.
- The sections from which questions will be asked include general ability, maths, and physical sciences.
- Each paper is of maximum 200 marks.
- The time duration allowed for each paper is 2 hours.
- The maximum marks of the paper are 600 marks.
- The overall time duration for the complete paper is 6 hours.
- The type of questions that shall be put up in the exam paper will be multiple choice type questions.
- Negative marking is applicable for the exam.
SCRA 2016 Admit Card
The admit card for the SCRA 2016 Exam was uploaded online in the last week of December 2015. The admit card was uploaded on the official website. For downloading, the candidates can refer to the official site of UPSC. The admit card is an essential document that is required at the time of examination. If a candidate doesn’t carry the admit card, he/she shall not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
SCRA 2016 Exam Results
The result for the SCRA 2016 Exam is expected to be published in June 2016 (Week 1). The candidates will be able to check the result on the official website of the UPSC where it will be posted. The result shall show the names of the candidates who will qualify the written exam. On the basis of the result, the final selections of the candidates will be made after an interview round.
Other Recruitment Exams in India
|SSC CGL Tier 1 2016||CG TET 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2016||HTET 2016|
|SSC CHSL 2016||HP TET 2016|
|SSC Constable GD 2016||KARTET 2016|
|SSC JE 2016||Kerala TET 2016|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2016||Maharashtra TET 2016|
|SSC MTS 2016||Tamil Nadu TET 2016|
|SSC Stenographer 2016||UP TET 2016|
|IBPS Clerk 2016||WB SET 2016|
|IBPS PO 2016||Punjab TET 2016|
|IBPS SO 2016||OTET 2016|
|IBPS RRB 2016||UPSC IAS 2016|
|RBI Grade B Officer 2016||UPSC CAPF 2016|
|RBI Assistant 2016||UPSC IFS 2016|
|SBI SO 2016||IES/ ISS 2016|
|SBI PO 2016||NDA 2016|
|SBI Clerk 2016||CDS 1 2016|
|SBI Associate Banks 2016||CDS 2 2016|
|CBSE NET 2016||Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016|
|CSIR UGC NET 2016||SCRA 2016|