SBI Clerk 2017 Eligibility Criteria needs to be checked by every candidate who wishes to appear for this exam. State Bank of India will release notification for recruitment of Junior Associates and Junior Agricultural Associates in May 2017. Eligibility Criteria will be decided as per Age, Nationality and Educational Qualification.
All the aspiring candidates will be provided with the essential details about the SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria. Before applying for the Clerk examination candidates need to have a glance on the conditions of the eligibility criteria decided by SBI for the candidates who wish to apply for the PO exam in 2017.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- An aspirant should be a graduate from recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
- Candidate who has done their graduation in Agriculture or Agriculture allied activities from a Government recognised university/Institute
- Candidates who are in the final Semester/ year of Graduation may also apply for SBI Clerk 2017. But they will have to produce proof of having passed the Graduation Examination at the time of document verification for joining
- Candidates have to produce class 10th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. In the case of others, language test will be conducted before final selection. Candidates not found to be proficient in official and local language would be disqualified
- Candidates should be able to write and speak English
- Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD as per the prescribed dates
- The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University / Institute
- In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing
- Matriculate Ex- servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the posts
Highlights of SBI Clerk 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Age required for SBI Clerk 2017 – As on April 1, 2017 (may vary as per recruitment notification)
Date of Birth: Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1988 and not later than 01.04.1996 (both days inclusive)
Lower Age: Candidates must not below than 20 years
Upper Age: Candidates must not above than 28 years
Age Relaxation: The relaxation in upper age limit will be provided to reserved category candidates. The table given below shows category wise age relaxation for candidates appearing in SBI Clerk 2017
|Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Other Backwards Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|General (PWD)||10 years|
|SC /ST (PWD)||15 years|
|OBC PWD||13 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex- Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||9 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
SBI Clerk 2017 is a national level online test conducted by State Bank of India (SBI) for recruitment of around 20,000 Junior Associates (Customer Support & Sales) and Junior Agricultural Associates in clerical cadre posts. The exam will be conducted in two phases – preliminary and mains.
Candidates to be selected for the post of Junior Associates/ Junior Agricultural Associates will be on probation for a minimum period of 06 months. As much as 15 prescribed e-lessons will be required to be completed by newly recruited Junior Associates/ Junior Agricultural Associates during the probation, for getting confirmed in the Bank, failing which their probation will be extended till completion of the same. 15 prescribed e-lessons (for confirmation) will include role-based e-lessons. Before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance fails to meet Bank’s expectation may be extended.