Table of Content
Applications are called in for Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admission 2017 as the official notification is released by the university. Here in this article you would get complete details about Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admission such as its eligibility criteria, exam dates and various other important notifications.
Sastra University is also known as Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy and is a deemed university which offers UG and PG courses in a number of streams like Science, Engineering, Education, Management and Arts.
The university provides education through distance learning modes and offer the following programs:
- Master of Astrology
- Bachelor of Astrology
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Master in Fine Arts (M.F.A.) – Specialisation in Bharatanatyam
- Bachelor in Fine Arts (B.F.A.) – Specialisation in Bharatanatyam
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Online Application Begins||10th Feb, 2017|
|Online Application Ends||27th Jun, 2017|
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|Bachelor of Education||2 years|
- You need to have cleared bachelors degree in B.Lit/B.Sc/B.A/Tamil/B.Com/Physics/Tamil/English/Physics/Applied Physics/ Applied Chemistry/Chemistry/ Botany/ Zoology/Microbiology/Bio Chemistry/ Environmental Science/ History/ Applied Geography/ Computer Applications/ Geography/ Computer Science/ Information Technology.
You need to have cleared PG degree with the UG degree in the same subject in Home Science/Economics from a recognized University.
- Teachers currently need to be in service with at least 2 years of full-time teaching experience in a primary/nursery/secondary/higher secondary school in Tamil Nadu which is recognized by the central or state government.
- The candidate needs to be presently working in a government recognized school.
For B.F.A. (Specialization in Bharatanatyam):
You need to have cleared class 12th from a recognized board with basic knowledge of Bharatanatyam (OR) you need to have a diploma of dance from any recognized institution.
For M.F.A. (Specialization in Bharatanatyam):
You need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with basic knowledge of Bharatanatyam.
Bachelor of Astrology (3 years)
You need to have cleared class 12th qualifying exam or must have a Diploma in Astrology or equivalent studies.
Master of Astrology (2 years)
You need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply for Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admissions 2017?
- You would have to fill the online application form with all the necessary details along with the signature and photo withing the size limits as needed by the university.
- A registration fee of Rs 650 for B.Ed. and Rs 360 for MFA & BFA needs to be submitted through online payment mode(debit/credit card).
- The fees can also be paid by DD (Demand Draft) in favor of SASTRA University and payable at Thanjavur along with the print out of the completely filled up form.
- Prospectus and Applications can be collected physically or by post from the Office of Admissions, SASTRA University on making the payment by cash or DD.
Admission Process of Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admissions 2017
Admissions into B.Ed would be purely on merit basis. However, there would be different seat allotment distinct subject degree holders.
Allotment of seats is mentioned below:
|SUBJECT||PERCENTAGE OF ALLOTMENT|
|Tamil (B.A/B.A Lit)||35%|
|History, Indian Culture, Geography, Applied Geography, M.A Economics/Commerce, M.Sc , Home Science||25%|
|Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Geo-Physics, Bio-Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry ,Applied Chemistry, Botany, Plant Biology, Environmental Science, Bio-Technology, Zoology, Micro Biology||15%|
|Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Applications,Computer Science, Information Technology||15%|
BFA and MFA
You would be shortlisted for admission through merit and selected candidates can join the institute directly.