Table of Content
SAAT Admission 2017 – The Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University SOA is a Bhubaneswar, Odishabased private deemed university. The University has been accredited with an ‘A’ Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT), a national level common entrance test is conducted for different programs offered in different constituent institutes / schools of the university. Those of you who have been selected through common entrance exam would be called for open counseling for admission into different programs of the university. A salient feature of SAAT is that if you have diploma in the stream of hotel management, engineering, pharmacy and technology then you would be eligible to apply for admission into regular courses under lateral entry scheme through the SAAT.
|SAAT PG 2017 Admission Summary|
|Exam Name||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||SAAT PG|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Technical Education and Research (ITER), Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
SAAT Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to have cleared B.E. / B.Tech / AMIE /MCA/M.Sc in the particular discipline or comparable with at least 50% in total. This is further brought down to 45% for Sc/ST candidates.
- If you are currently in the final year then also you would be eligible to apply.
- Admission to M.Tech, you need to have passed the qualifying examination [QE] with a minimum of 50% marks
GATE qualified individuals would be exempted from the entrance test, but they need to submit the filled up form
Admission into M.Tech programs are done on the basis of performance in SAAT- or a valid GATE score and personal interview taken together; after the interview, the merit list prepared by the board members would be final.
SAAT Admission 2017 Application Procedure
If you desire to apply for the M.Tech programs at the Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan you have to choose from the 3 options available to apply.
SAAT Admission 2017 Application Form will be available offline at the university bureau or at identified branches of designated banks. The SAAT PG Application Form is also available online.
SAAT Admission 2017 Application Fees is Rs 500
SAAT PG Application Form may be procured and submitted using any 1 of these routes:
- In Person/ By Post: You can avail the SAAT PG Application Form from the SOA University, Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar – 751030 or different counters of the constituent institutes of the university on payment of Rs 500 towards application fees by cash.
- At Designated banks: You can purchase the SAAT PG Application Form from designated branches of Axis Bank, Syndicate Bank & Punjab National Bank.
Process to fill the SAAT PG Offline Application
- You have to write using CAPITAL Letters only. The offline SAAT PG forms will be processed on OMR, so you would have to darken the circles carefully using either a HB Pencil or blue / black ball pen only. Using a pencil is advisable, as errors could be corrected easily.
- The OMR will not process applications which would be scribbled, smudges, cuts, tears or wrinkles, hence the form needs to be filled up carefully. You should not write or put any mark on the Barcodes.
- You name, parents’ / guardian’s name and date of birth should exactly be the same as in the High school or first Board / Pre-University examination certificate.
If the name requires more than 35 boxes, it is advised to abbreviate the middle name
Note: The qualifying exam code for M.Tech aspirants is 02
You should follow instructions provided and arrange for the photograph ad signature on the form, you need to keep 6 copies of the same photograph ready – 2 need to be carried to the exam hall along with the SAAT PG Admit Card and four need to be submitted during counseling.
The two signatures by the aspirant on the form must be identical.
The declaration by the Aspirant must be countersigned by parent(s) / guardian.
When sending the application form, include only the acknowledgement card duly filled up with appropriate stamp pasted (Rs 6).DO NOT enclose any copies of certificates/ mark sheets / appendix forms with the application form.
Important: You have to keep a photocopy of the filled in SAAT PG Application Form for future reference.
Submission of the SAAT PG Application Form
- By Post/ Courier: the duly filled in application form, has to be sent by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier service to
Director (Admissions), Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan
University, Khandagiri Square, Khandagiri,
Bhubaneswar, Pin – 751030, Odisha, India,
- Hand-delivery of forms (drop box) at University Office and ITER
ONLINE SAAT PG Application Form
You have to fill the details online, make the payment by Debit Card/Credit Card, take a printout of the Application form and send it by post/courier to the University.
How to Fill the SAAT PG Online Application Form:
- You have to fill your name, date of birth, email and mobile number.
- You need to enter the OTP [received on the registered mobile number], to fill the SAAT PG Online Application Form.
- You would also have to enter the details like application category, Photo ID, Parent name and relationship, Academic details.etc.
- Those of you who have qualified GATE need to enter the GATE Registration No while filling the SAAT PG Application form.
- You would have to upload your photograph (colored photo and should not be taken more than a month ago), similarly the signature must also be uploaded, keeping in mind the instructions on the form.
- You need to enter the payment details of the SAAT PG Application Form and save and download the form, keeping a print for reference.
- The acknowledgement for the receipt of the SAAT application will be intimated to the registered Email-Id and Mobile Number through SMS/email.
SAAT Admission 2017 Exam Pattern
– Those of you who would be appearing for the SAAT PG exam are advised to refer to earlier test papers as testers for their preparation.
- The questions in the SAAT PG Exam would be of multiple choice types, where you would have to choose the best response from the 4 choices provided.
- There are 120 questions and the duration of the exam would be for 2 hours, this would be a pen and pencil based exam.
- With every incorrect answer you would lose one mark from the score.
- For questions where you have darkened two options, this will be treated as incorrect and marks will be deducted accordingly.
- You are advised to use either an HB pencil or black / blue ball pen to darken the circle denoting the correct answer.
SAAT PG 2017 Preparation
The key for SAAT exam preparation is systematic study. Be systematic in terms of study and aim to finish within the designated time. Do not leave anything for last minute study. Keep revising study subject matters regularly and solve as many sample papers as possible.
Admission is strictly based on merit (i.e. rank obtained) and your choice for different courses offered during the counselling
You would be called for counselling as per the schedule to be dispatched along with the rank card
During Counselling all the certificates in original would be verified. For records of the Institutes, two sets of attested copies of the certificates and mark sheets etc. would be collected during counselling
You would be selected through counselling for a course is admitted and registered as a student of SOA University automatically. You would receive a registration number and a university registration card
SAAT Admission 2017 Important Dates
|SAAT PG Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Last date of the application form||First week of April 2017|
|Last date for submission of the form||First week of April 2017|
|Release of the admit card||In the third week of April 2017|
|SAAT PG 2017 exam||First week of May 2017|
|SAAT 2017 Result||2nd week of May 2017|
|Counselling||In the first week of June 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.
Other UG University Level Engineering Entrance Exams 2017
|BSAUEEE 2017||LNMIIT 2017|
|BVP CET 2017||LPU NEST 2017|
|CIPET JEE 2017||NSIT 2017|
|CUSAT CAT 2017||PDPU 2017|
|GEEE 2017||PESSAT 2017|
|IPU CET 2017||RGIPT 2017|
|JMI EEE 2017||SAAT 2017|
|Karunya Entrance Exam (KEE) 2017||SRMJEEE 2017|
|KIITEE 2017||TMISAT 2017|
|KLU EEE 2017||UPESEAT 2017|
|KRLMPCA CET 2017||Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017|