RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2017 – Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) imparts value based education in petroleum technology to shape a regular student into an achiever. RGIPT institute was inaugurated by Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MOP & NG), Government at Jais, Dist. Rae Bareli, and Uttar Pradesh through an Act of Parliament (“Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act 2007″). RGIPT is co-promoted as an energy specific institute by six leading Oil Public Sector Units ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL. The institute provides adequate knowledge about the petroleum like Evaluating potential oil and gas reservoirs using computers for automation of oilfield production and drilling operations.
|RGIPT M.Tech 2017 Admission Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You need to have a valid GATE score in addition to:
- For Petroleum Engineering: You need to have cleared 4-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Petroleum, Petrochemical, Production, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a first class or at the minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (the marks are 55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Chemical Engineering: A 4-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Chemical or Petrochemical Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (these are 55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- GATE score is not mandatory for those who have passed B. Tech in Petroleum or Petrochemical Engineering but such aspirants need to qualify in the written test conducted by the institute.
RGIPT M.Tech Admissions Selection Procedure
Admission to the RGIPT M.Tech Admissions will be on the basis of the collective. Score obtained at the interview, the GATE score and previous academic performances
RGIPT M.Tech 2017 Admission process
RGIPT M.Tech Application Fees: Rs 400 for regular candidates and Rs 200 for SC/ST aspirants. The fees may be paid either through an E-challan or Online through SBI Collect
- You need to apply online after paying the Application Fees. Then you have to log in by entering the Reference No. (SBI), Name of Candidate, Date of Birth and Mobile No.
- You would have to upload a recent colour photograph not more than 50 kb and their signature of not exceeding 20 kb in any 1 format -GIF/ JPE/ JPEG/ JPG/ BMP format.
- You need to enter the following details: Gender, Mother’s Name, Country, Permanent Communication Address, Phone No, and importantly their educational details and the GATE details like GATE Application No, GATE score.
- You need to save the Application form and review it, this form will be saved only after the preview form is saved.
- When saved, you will see the completion page and the RGIPT Registration Number which is generated after submission.
- You need to print extra copies of this form for future reference.
The print out of online application duly signed along with demand draft [with the aspirant’s name on the reverse] [not applicable when payment made online]/details of online payment and necessary enclosures should reach to the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Ratapur Chowk, Rae Bareli, and Uttar Pradesh-229316.
The envelope should be marked ‘Application form for M.Tech’.
RGIPT M.Tech Admission Counselling
- If you are shortlisted by RGIPT you would have to attend personally attend the counselling session.
- You need to show the original documents as specified for the interview.
- When selected for a seat, you would have to pay the Admission Fees as specified.
Financial Assistance: GATE qualified students who are admitted to the M.Tech program will be given a once-a-month assistantship of Rs. 8000/- for four semesters only.
The hall ticket card and GATE score card, Class X, XII credentials and mark sheets, Copies of the first, second, third and fourth year’s mark sheets and graduation degree, work experience certificate (If any), valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/ SC/ ST category, in respect of OBC category, attach a non-creamy layer certificate and a self-declaration (to be signed by candidate) form, valid certificates for physically handicapped category, one stamp size latest colour photo fixed on the application form, letter from due authority for sponsored category with relevant experience certificate.
For company sponsored students, the GATE score is not mandatory, they are selected basis a subject wise written test and interview. They are not eligible for the M-tech scholarship. They should have been working with the sponsoring company for at least 2 years and have to guarantee their employment with the company even during the study period.
RGIPT 2017 Important Dates
|Issue of Application form||21 Mar 2017|
|Last date of submission of application||30 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of a list of candidate called for test / interview||08 Jul 2017|
|Date of written test and/or interview||15 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Result||20 Jul 2017|