Table of Content
The recruitment process of Punjab police is clean and translucent. The Punjab police recruitment board broadcasted the various job vacancies for different posts of police services. The physical fitness, physical measurements, metric qualification and medical fitness according to standards are the requisites of police service recruitment process. For the transparency in recruitment procedure all the norms are severely followed. The Punjab police recruitment written examination includes of general knowledge, English and Urdu language. In next section comes the recruitment process various posts.
Punjab Police Recruitment 2016
The Punjab police came into being in the year 1861 as a distinct organization. Punjab is a state of pride, sacrifice and glory. It is a state of power, bravery, firm willpower and devotion of Punjab police. They work obediently and maintain the respect and self-esteem of citizens. Punjab police force faced many disputes and challenges. They have respect for Human Rights. But the credit goes to Punjab police as they are improving their policing to uphold law and order and peace in the state. It’s the duty of both citizens and police to uphold peace in the state, as co- operation of both partners are similarly valuable and essential. Punjab police played a successful role in handling the terrorist activities. Punjab police has well recognized latest information system, scientific labs and training institutes of police personnel.
Punjab Police Home Guard recruitment 2016
The reformation of Home Guards Organization was completed in the year 1962. The beginning of Home Guards organization was from Bombay State. The Home Guards are enlisted from industrial & agricultural workers; college professionals etc. who want to serve the community and society. The membership period of Home Guard is for 3 years to 5 years. There are many Training Centers to train the Home Guards, they are trained with old weaponries and training can be individual or team training.
The Home Guards personnel are enlisted from employees of public and private sectors, doctors, university students, lawyers, teachers, college students etc. They serve the community at the time of crisis and perform the security services. There are 2 divisions of Home Guards: Border Wing Home Guard and Urban/Rural wing Home Guard.
Punjab Police Home Guard recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit should be 18 years to 50 years.
- The old citizens can also work for the post of Home Guard.
- They are also eligible and can serve for 3 years to 5 years.
- After 2 years of service, the Home Guard personnel are taught by police in many fields’ disaster reliefs, social welfare activities, crime prevention, maintenance of law, order and peace and anti- dacoit’s activities.
- The personnel should be mentally, physically and medically sound.
- Applicants should be matric/10+2 cleared/Graduation in any stream from well-known institute or university/board.
Punjab Police Home Guard recruitment 2016 Selection Process
- The physical tests and personal interviews are taken for this post.