Table of Content
The recruitment process of Punjab police is clean and translucent. The Punjab police recruitment board broadcasted the various job vacancies for different posts of police services. The physical fitness, physical measurements, metric qualification and medical fitness according to standards are the requisites of police service recruitment process. For the transparency in recruitment procedure all the norms are severely followed. The Punjab police recruitment written examination includes of general knowledge, English and Urdu language. In next section comes the recruitment process various posts.
Punjab Police Recruitment 2016
The Punjab police came into being in the year 1861 as a distinct organization. Punjab is a state of pride, sacrifice and glory. It is a state of power, bravery, firm willpower and devotion of Punjab police. They work obediently and maintain the respect and self-esteem of citizens. Punjab police force faced many disputes and challenges. They have respect for Human Rights. But the credit goes to Punjab police as they are improving their policing to uphold law and order and peace in the state. It’s the duty of both citizens and police to uphold peace in the state, as co- operation of both partners are similarly valuable and essential. Punjab police played a successful role in handling the terrorist activities. Punjab police has well recognized latest information system, scientific labs and training institutes of police personnel.
Punjab Police DSP/ACP Recruitment 2016
Punjab Public Service Commission conducts the exam for the post of ACP/DSP.
Punjab Police DSP/ACP Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit for Assistant Commissioner is between 21 years to 37 years.
- Age limit for DSP is between 21 years to 27 years.
- Age Relaxation Limit: Maximum age relaxation limit is 47 years. * Upper Age Limit * (General)
- Maximum age relaxation limit is 5 years. * Upper Age Limit * (Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe & OBC of Punjab. But not applicable in case of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)).
- The maximum age for Widows/Divorcees is decided by the Government of Punjab for the post of Assistant Commissioner is 47 years, and is not applicable for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
- For Men: Height for male candidate should be 5’ 7” (5 feet & 7 inches)
- For Women: Height for female candidate should be 5’ 3” (5 feet & 3 inches)
For Men: Chest for male candidate must be 5” Expanded & 33” Unexpanded.
For Women: Chest for female candidate is not applicable.
The applicants should be Graduate from documented institution or University in any discipline. For the post of ACP/DSP selection, there are preliminary and main examinations. The fresher applicants are allowed only for 4 attempts & Ex-serviceman aspirant’s categories are allowed only for 3 attempts to appear in this examination.
Punjab Police DSP/ACP Recruitment 2016 Selection Process
Two stages of exam takes place, first is Preliminary Exam and other is Main Exam. The applicants appearing in final year of Graduation can choose for Preliminary Exam but for Main Exam applicants’ should have cleared the Graduation, it is compulsory.